2.4 - the morning after

I woke up at the sound of loud footsteps outside my door, and the voice that said something I couldn’t quite make out told me that it was Calum and that he wasn’t alone.

“I’m pretty sure,” Calum spoke again, now clearly, as he stood right behind my door. The next moment he knocked, and I sighed, getting up to let him in.  

My best friend wasn't alone though, he was accompanied by none other than Luke who stood there frozen. Calum’s eyes widened as he saw me (or, to be more precise, my hair) but I wasn’t really looking at him. My eyes stayed fixed on the tall boy in front of me, and his blue eyes also were locked on me. His lips were in a straight line without a sign of smiling, and I was boring into his face to see if he actually forgave me for yesterday or not.

It seemed like ages, standing there in front of him and waiting, dying inside, but then it was all worth it. Luke stepped to me, his arms momentarily wrapping around me, and he instinctively buried his face in my neck. I flung my arms around his broad back, hugging tightly, and I wanted for this moment to last forever.

Unfortunately, we had to let go, so when Luke pulled away and we stood next to each other, I just wanted to hug him again.

“Merry Christmas!” Calum exclaimed, also giving me a hug. “Nice hair color, by the way,” he commented, being once again very understanding about mine and Luke’s business.

“Thanks, bro,” I said. “What are you two doing here? It’s like, 9 in the morning,” I groaned.

“Well, we know that your folks aren’t home and we’re not gonna let you just sit there alone on Christmas Day,” Cal said cheerily and walked past me, plopping on my unmade bed. Me and Luke exchanged glances and followed him, falling on the bed.

“Can we just like, sleep all day?” I asked, my nose squished into Calum’s back.

“I wouldn’t mind,” Luke chimed in from the left,but Calum shook us off of him and sat down.

“No, you know what? We’re gonna have a party. You got beer, Mikey?”

I shook my head in resposnse, hoping it would kill Calum’s enthusiasm, but it was all in vain – he got up and searched in his pockets, took out a few banknotes and looked at us.

“I’m gonna go buy some food and stuff, and when I get back I want those sleepy looks off of your faces!” He pointed at me and Luke and walked out,  but I quickly realized what he was trying to do and ran out following him, catching Calum at the bottom of the stairs.

“What the hell are you doing?”

“Letting you guys make up,” Calum wiggled his eyebrows, but I saw that he was trying hard to turn a frown into a smile. I wanted to cheer him up (even though I didn’t know the reason he felt down) and I didn’t want him to feel like a third wheel.

“So why didn’t you bring Ashton along to hang out with us?”

Surprisingly ehough, Calum got even more upset, now I could see it clearly in his chocolate brown eyes.

“Yeah, about that… Yesterday after school he, ummm… Well, he asked Luke out,” Calum said looking down, and I froze.

“Don’t- like, don’t freak out,” Calum said quickly after glancing at me, because he knew me all too well. “Luke turned him down.”

“What?”

“I think Luke just had somebody else in mind,” Calum tried his best to smirk but I saw he didn’t actually care about Luke right now.

“Cal, it’s okay. Ashton will get over it, and then who knows, maybe he’ll ask you out next,” I said, nudging him with my elbow. Calum only smiled weakly, clearly not wanting to talk about it anymore, and pushed me back towards the room.

“Go and show Luke he made the right decision.”

He went out of the house and I went back to a slightly confused Luke who was still lying on my bed. I seriously wouldn’t mind if he stayed like that, but I had something to give him.

“I have a gift for you,” I said, searching in my bag. Luke sat down, blushing slightly.

“I don’t have a present for you, I was supposed to buy it yesterday…” he trailed off, and I understood. It was my own fault that he worried about me too much.

“It’s fine, just take it,” I pulled it out the bad but didn’t let go when Luke also got a hold of it.“Before you open… I bought this few days ago because I wanted you to have something from me, something special. I just kind of hope it doesn’t suck,” I chuckled, letting him take the bag and watching him hungrily as he opened it.

“Oh God,” he laughed a little as his hand grabbed the controller inside the bag, but his jaw fell as he took it out. The platinum thing shone in the bright morning light, and Luke bit his lips, not taking his eyes away from it.

“You know what?” he said in a funny voice which I couldn’t decipher. “I think we should try this out. No excuses,” Luke smiled mischievously, finally looking up, and I smiled back so widely I thought it would tear my face apart.

“Sure.”

--

okay sorry this is so long after 2 more chapters it will make sense

also oh my god what just happened

poor calum tho

and when muke are hugging look at the gif ok