1.3 - crush

That night I just couldn’t sleep. I was picturing Luke endlessly, just getting used to his face, his tall and lanky figure, his manners. I also was too excited about seeing him again tomorrow.

We only had the time to exchange phone numbers when Calum came back and Luke went back to being his shy self. He kept on acting like he didn’t know me, so I did the same, even though it was damn hard. At least now I was talking, so I could comment on their rehearsal. I thought Calum was a really good singer, which I told him, and I told Luke he was amazing because that was the fucking truth. And here goes the weirdest thing: he blushed.

I asked myself why a thousand times as I lay there on my bed. He didn’t blush when Calum complimented him, only when I did. Did that mean something? Did I mean something to him? Because I’d be shitting rainbows if I did. Not even kidding.

I was not a sap. Luke was.

Yeah, right.

I shook my head, amazed at myself. Few weeks ago I wouldn't even get out of my room because everyone annoyed me so much, and now I was up at god know what hour thinking about a boy.

I reminded myself I needed sleep, since me and Luke had arranged a meeting in some park over texts. I had made him promise he’d bring his guitar and play something, and he had made me promise I would try to learn. I actually was already regreting making that promise because I sucked balls at playing guitar and I didn’t want Luke to realize that too, but I couldn’t really say no when he was looking at me with those fucking blue eyes. So I had agreed. And now it was past three am and I was still awake. Fantastic.

When I opened my eyes to see it was finally morning, I fucking wished I didn’t.

My stomach felt like it was filled with bricks and lava, there was literally no other comparison. I groaned and turned to the side, grabbing myself under the ribs because the pain was unbearable.

I imagined how my mum would stand over my bed and state “Stomach flu,” and cover me with a blanket and go make me soup, and sighed. The truth was that my mum was asleep in the room nearby, not even caring that she didn’t see her son all week due to some stupid work, and I’d never have anyone to actually take care of me. I could be dead this whole week and my parents wouldn’t notice.

I couldn’t get up because I felt nauseous and my stomach was ripping itself apart with pain, so I stayed in the bed hardly ever moving because I was afraid I would vomit. I knew I wouldn’t make it to the bathroom if I did.

My phone buzzed under my pillow and I took it out with another groan.

Hemmo1996: Where the fuck r u??

I glanced at the time. Shit, I didn’t even know it was afternoon.

cliffordork: Im not feeling well sorryyyy

Hemmo1996: Are you dumping me :--(

cliffordork: you did not just use a smiley face with a nose

Hemmo1996: don’t ignore my question

cliffordork: IM REALLY FEELING ILL YOU DICK

Hemmo1996: okay

Hemmo1996: whats your address

I stared at the screen. Was he serious? Would he just come to my house to hang out with me?

The phone beeped again.

Hemmo1996: tell me your address don’t make me ask Calum

A dumb smile appeared on my face as I texted him the address, and he answered he’d be there in twenty minutes. I looked around my room: it wasn’t really great looking, not the one you’d want to invite people to. But a) I was too sick to even move so I couldn’t create an illusion of decency and b) this was my room and I kept it the way I liked it, so why should I pretend I was perfect? Oh that’s right, because Luke was.

Wait, what?

--

ok i know this was boring and a filler but we need to take a breath before the good stuff