1.9 - sex

Next morning I woke up earlier than Luke, but that still wasn’t early enough not to be late for school. Mum and dad were already gone for work, so I, cursing out loud, put on some clothes and burst into the guest bedroom to wake up Luke.

I had to ignore how cute he looked with his messed up hair, tucked in the sheets up to his ears and his knees bent so much they were near his stomach. We had about ten minutes to leave the house, and then we’d make it to school in time. And we would be in time, if Luke wasn’t such a hard sleeper. I shook him and called his name and tickled him – the fucker wouldn’t budge. Finally I sprayed him with ice cold water, and he opened his sleepy eyes, mumbling “what the actual living fucking fuck Clifford?”

I couldn’t even laugh at how hilarious that sounded because we were seriously late and quite frankly, I didn’t mind but I couldn’t get Luke in trouble. So after another fifteen minutes Luke was pulling on my beanie, complaining about having to go with undone hair, and I was dragging him out of the house, not caring one bit.

The hotness of a December morning made Luke wake up a little, and we ran all the way to school, making it to the gates two minutes before class.

Calum was there, waiting for us with irritation obvious on his face, and we didn’t stop for a hello so he just ran up to the school building next to us. Unfortunately, Luke didn’t have any classes with us, so we parted ways and he went to Chemistry while me and Calum ran into the Maths classroom.

“Dude, where the hell were you two?”

“We slept in,” I explained, taking a seat on the desk me and Calum usually obtained.

“Slept in?” he asked in confusion,  and then the teacher walked in, forcing me to answer in whisper.

“Yeah, he stayed at my place last night,” I said quickly and saw that Calum’s face turned pretty damn smug all of a sudden.

“Did you have sex?”

“What?!” I whisper-yelled, my eyes going wide. I didn’t even dare to think about it because there was minus zero chance of it ever happening, and there he was, making dumb assumptions like this.

“What? You both ‘slept in’,” Calum air-quoted the last part, “And do you think I really didn’t notice that he’s wearing your shirt AND your beanie, and your own shirt is inside out?”

I looked down and saw that he was right, but that didn’t mean he was right about everything else.

“He needed something to sleep in!” I argued, risking being caught by the teacher because I was so engulfed in trying to convince Calum he was wrong I wouldn’t notice if the teacher stood right behind me.

“Yeah right, because after what you two did he didn’t have any clothes on him,” Cal smirked, and I whacked his shoulder.

“You’re a fucking dumbass.”

“You’re the dumbass if you really don’t see the way he looks at you,” Calum said, aburptly changing to a more serious tone. My heart jumped at his words, but I refused to believe it. I was looking at Luke basically all the time, I think I’d notice if he looked back at me like that…

“What are you even talking about,” I mumbled, grabbing a pen and pretending to write; the whole class was copying something from the board.

“Mikey, I’ve known him for years and he was always just an acquaintance. Then I introduced him to you, and in those rare times he isn’t glued to you he’s always hanging around me asking freaking billions of questions, every single one related to you. Do you really think I’m that stupid?”

I stared at Calum, not being able to answer. Luke asked him about me, a lot. According to Calum, he looked at me exactly how I wanted him to, I was just too scared and self-aware to notice. Did I actually stand a chance?

I was thinking about possibilities and opportunities until lunch break rolled around (I went to the bathroom during break to change my shirt so that it wouldn’t be inside out), and Calum stayed quiet the whole time, realizing he’d said enough. Though at lunch, when me and him joined a still very sleepy Luke at our table, Calum broke his silence, the smirk back on his lips.

“That’s a cool shirt, Luke,” he noted, pointing towards the black sleeveless Green Day top Luke was wearing. I took my eyes off the sandwich I was about to eat and saw blood rushing to Luke’s cheeks.

“It’s actually Michael’s,” he admitted with a shy smile, and he was so cute that I wanted to just kiss him on the spot. Too bad, Mikey, despite everything Calum says he’s not yours.

“You can keep it if you want,” I said quietly, the thought of him having something of mine warmed my heart. Maybe I should get him some sort of a gift and not an old shirt…

“I will,” Luke answered even more quietly, and our eyes met. I took my gaze away first, knowing that I myself could blush, and that would have been just embarrassing. But looking away I saw Calum smiling proudly at me, as if he just solved some mystery, and his look basically screamed “I told you so.” It can’t be true. It can’t be true.

But if it is… what the hell am I supposed to do?

--

fyi muke do share that green day shirt i cri