0.1 - voice

First time I heard him was the worst day of my life: my birthday. I fucking hated everything about November the 20th, especially the fact that my parents didn’t even remember about the occasion. Whatever.

So I sat behind my old computer, playing endless online games. I stopped trying to remember the names a long time ago, when I realized I could complete a game in a few days and there was no use to even try. I opened the last bookmark in my browser, turned on my usual Linkin Park playlist for gaming and started playing.

I loved these stupid computer games because they helped me forget about the failure that was my life. Deep down I knew that I couldn’t run from my problems forever, but no one could stop me, so I kept gaming.

I’d been behind the computer all day since I came from school, and I started to get bored as the wins became easier with experience, so I was thinking about trying out a new game.

That was when I heard a voice in my loudspeakers, messing with the music in my earphones. Firstly I brushed it off as the usual game sounds, but when the voice appeared again, I quickly paused the game and turned down my music. After a while, the voice sounded one more time – a simple, boyish and angry, it was half-swearingly complaining about the same level of the game I was on.

The thing is, I’d never heard anyone actually talking in these online games, and I never wondered why. But as they say there’s always a first time, so I just plugged my earphones into the computer and feeling absolutely freaking stupid said into my microphone:

“Hello?”