Reverie

Loki's P.O.V.

I don't blame you for any of this. I know you didn't mean to do it nor do remember doing it...

"LOKI!", The rather loud bellowing of father was followed by the signature thump of his scepter.

I dismissed the memory which was playing in the back of my mind and summoned my facade of the God of Mischief.

"Oh so you're done? He wrapped up his monologue rather quickly, don't you think a?" When I looked at her, my own mother refused to look at me. I felt my heart fall into the depths of Helheim but like I did throughout my entire existence, I elected to ignore it and I gulped to obtain my voice back from the void it had had lost it to.

"Alright then let's get to the point, shall we? Which dungeon are you strategising to put me in this time? You know I particularly enjoy the one near the staircase."

"No.", Father stated.

"I beg your pardon?"

"You will not be imprisoned in the dungeons."

"Well didn't this just get interesting!", I said with a bitter chortle. The king of Asgard looked at me with unforgiving eyes.

"You will remember to maintain the decorum of the throne room.", He ordered. I smiled looking at the shackles I was bounded by.

"Forgive me for not bowing at your feet, O mighty king Odin. Reasons.", I said showing my chained hands, the clinking by them echoing across the empty throne room.

"You and I both know that you deserve to be in them." Before I could retort, the Allfather cut me off. "And for the penalty you must pay for your deeds. Your brother---"

"He is no brother of mine.", I said my jaw clenched with anger having the power to destroy all of the Nine Realms at wish.

"Then I am no mother of yours." At hearing my mother's voice, my head snapped towards her and the rebellion in me subsided. Then she turned to the man sitting on the extravagant golden throne.

"Allfather, if you will." I rolled my eyes yet resisted my urge to go on with my insolence.

"Thank you, Frigga. Now, as for your penalty I have decided that you will spend your time on Midgard aiding your brother and his team, as they call it there." I felt the colour drain out from my face.

My father (well adoptive father) wants me to go to the same place I just wreaked havoc on! And what am I supposed to do there? All that there is for me in the land of mortals is humiliation for my crimes.

This was just atrocious. I refuse to go back there.

"But father you can't possibly---"

"The decision, has been made Loki. If I were you, I would get my essentials packed by now. You will leave tomorrow at morn and reach Midgard after a month there." I saw that arguing with the old fool I call my father would be unwise so without another word, I headed out of the throne room.

When I tried to move, my legs or hands didn't feel heavy anymore. I realised my father had used his powers to remove my bounds. For once, I felt like he trusted me and walked out but I had to be wrong.

I looked when I heard footsteps following mine and I looked behind my back and saw 2 guards following my suit.

I cocked my head.

So much for trust.

On my way out I met Thor and we had what can be named quite an interesting exchange of words.