S.H.I.E.L.D.

Bruce's P.O.V.

I was working in the lab when I heard the doors opened. I looked up to see, (Y/n) walk in.

The princess still hadn't changed her attire. She was still in her pair of beige business stilettos and her pencil dress. Her hair had not been set free from the high ponytail braid she was wearing. In her arms she was holding her super suit.

"So, how did it go?", I asked

"So, how did it go?", I asked. She held a dejected face when she looked at me.

"I have a date tomorrow morning." By her answer I thought that the queen had forbidden her from going and she was talking about a date to forget her sorrow, so I played along.

"A date? With who?", I asked sounding curious.

She didn't reply for a bit because she was busy setting up her workspace. When she bent down, to pick up a pen that had fallen off, I noticed a pendant dangling from her neck and I naturally thought it was from her supposed date.

"Is that a present from him?", I asked pointing at the piece of jewelry. The other shook her head.

"No, it's a gift from Ma.", She stated playing with the pendant. She then looked up at me with a smirk. "And to answer your previous question I have a date with destiny tomorrow."

After she said these words her smirk turned into an excited grin. At first I didn't understand what she meant and real talk, I though 'Destiny' was an unusual choice for a name. But when I noticed the big grin on the girl's face, I realized what she meant.

"Your mom approved...?", I asked putting the test tube on a stand and taking my glasses out.

"Yes, she did!", (Y/n) said jumping up and down with her hands clutched together like a little child.

"Careful, you might fall but oh my God that's amazing, Black Bird!", I exclaimed as I removed my lab gear and walked to hug my best friend who was like my sister and my now team mate.

Before releasing her from my hug I kissed her hair and rubbed her back, to express my relief and happiness that she would right in front of my eyes when we will fight that monster of a god and I won't have to worry about her safety.

"You seem overly excited Green Bird.", She commented. I smiled faintly at her innocence.

"You'll never know Black Bird.", I said as a reply. She stood in her place for a moment before speaking again.

"Yup, but what I do know is that you are helping me.", She declared.

"Hey Princess before you make this proclamation permanent would you mind elaborating as to how you would require my expert assistance?", I questioned as (Y/n) walked back her station, her heels clicking on the tiles.

"Did you just compliment yourself, Banner? I am glad that I am rubbing off on you.", She said grabbing a notepad and a pencil from the stationary cabinet and sitting down on the bar chair. She seemed to writing something and side by side drawing. I decided to look at what it was.