Bidding Adieu

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

While we were in air, I had called up Sri to check on my order and asked her to send over a few outfits for us because in Tony's words we looked as if a tornado hit us.

So, I had got out of my purple jumpsuit and white sandals.

For me, Sri had picked out a baby pink chiffon spaghetti strapped top with parallel pants. On top of that, she got a white blazer which had two pockets on ths sides along with a button to button it up in the middle.

For footwear she had got a pair of white pumps with a roses on them and three inches long heel. Very less than the height I usually wear. She had also got a rose gold necklace set with little flowers to go with it but I refused to wear it as my pendant was blocking it.

Tony, being the softie he is understood my plight and within seconds whipped up a fix for that. Well, that wasn't the only thing he and I whipped up a fix for.

Flashback

"Have you thought about the offer I gave you before?", Tony asked sitting down on the divan of the huge room.

This room was where the agents got into their disguise when they were about to go on a undercover mission and as it was equipped with all the grooming needs, Fury lent us to of them to get ready in.

In my room there was Steve, Bruce and Tony. All of us had changed in the 4 changing rooms, in the gigantic hall and now we were getting our accessories while I was getting my make up done.

Interested by Tony's sudden question Steve looked up from the many options of leather jackets Sri had provided him with and turned to look at us.

"What offer are you guys talking about?", He inquired.

"Oh nothing. Tony had given (Y/n) an offer of a merger between their companies.", Bruce started. I got irritated of watching Steve pick a jacket and put down my lip gloss. I walked towards Steve.

"And I had declined it. Once in a hinting way and the other was..." I paused thinking about my outburst earlier. "Very expressive. This one.", I said handing him a brown leather jacket. Tony snickered from the other side.

"Yeah. Very." I got back to finish with my make up.

"And even now, I politely decline it." He looked shocked and stood up.

"Why?", He repeated. This time I was bored and decided to give it to him actually.

"Because Tony, the people of my country, the people of my kingdom have faith in me." The other 3 squinted their eyes.

"What?", Tony asked, moving aside to make space for Steve and Bruce. My brother looked at me with hurt showing in his eyes.

"That's the truth Bruce. I am sorry I didn't reveal it before." I turned to Tony.

"Tony I want to make a mark on this world. Independently. Tomorrow when somebody opens a book to read my story I don't want them to read the same old 'once upon a time blah blah blah'. I want future generations of girls to believe in themselves that they can do whatever they want without being in debt to anybody." I scoffed.

"And Tony you know the people. They always underestimate for a) being a princess because apparently princesses aren't supposed to work or be so smart

b) because I am a woman and a for a woman to run such a big business all alone is a miracle

c) for being an Indian as India is considered a developing country.