The Terrific Trio

Author's P.O.V.

(Y/n) sat in her chamber, her thoughts in jumble. It had been an action packed day. Never before had she witnessed such intensity, not even on her most dangerous of missions.

She had spent the early morning on Midgard, welcoming a new teammate into the team. Then during the afternoon, tensions reached an all time high when Steve put together the pieces of a strange new plan.

The crown princess couldn't shake the feeling that Steve's hunch was right--and that it was somehow connected to the video they had seen earlier on the television.

After an unsettling experience, one unlike any the girl had ever experienced, she found herself in the most extraordinary of places--Asgard.

As (Y/n) took in the beauty of the kingdom--the guards, the king, the queen, and the gods of thunder and mischief--she couldn't help but think of her own kingdom, and the people that awaited her there.

What would they be doing, she wondered? No matter what it was, she was certain that wherever they were, they would not be bored.

But why?

Well, the answer to that, my dear readers, you shall find in a coming chapter.

With a sigh, she stood up from her comfortable chaise lounge and went into the great expanse of a balcony outside, to bask in the morning sun. Just as she was about to start humming a tune from her homeland, a knock resonated through the room, alerting the warrior princess.

"Lady (Y/n), may we come in?", Inquired a soft, polite voice from the other side.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I scowled in confusion since I wasn't expecting any visitors at the moment and the voice certainly did not sound familiar. Deciding to see for myself, I summoned a ball of fire in one of my hands and approached the chamber which was my sitting room, taking a seat in one of the sofas.

"Come in."

As I sat there on the sofa I tried my best to veil the thumping in my heart which echoed in my ears. Was it because of fear or excitement, neither I nor my ego had the heart to acknowledge it. When the hinges of the tall mahogany door creaked open, a trio of neatly dressed young ladies walked in.

Judging by the gentleness and discipline they held when they walked in, arranging themselves a neat line in front of me, it gave away their status as handmaidens and their poise, the fact that they were trained by none other than queen Frigga.

Truth be told, the perfection of their characteristics said that they were the crown jewels of her training.

I quickly extinguished the small flame in my palm, keeping both of them on my lap as I sat straighter.

The one in the middle bowed down low as she spoke.

"Greetings, Lady (Y/n). My name is Ingrid and these are my sister--- Ama and Astrid." As their older sister introduced them, the girls came forward and bowed at the call of their respective names.

I smiled and nodded, quickly observing each one of them.

Ingrid, the eldest of the trio, was a tall and graceful woman with a cascade of mahogany hair flowing down to her waist. Her gaze was as sharp and piercing as a hawk's, and her military demeanor suggested a lifetime subject to royal backstage plays and power struggles.

Ama was the polar opposite of her older sister. With honey-blonde curls framing her round face, she had a cheerful aura that exuded warmth and comfort - a balm to the intense atmosphere within the king's court. I could see traces of shyness painted over her rosy-cheeked face; she was nurturing, sensitive, perhaps the softest among the three.

Astrid, however, intrigued me the most. The middle one of the siblings, her fiery red hair was knotted up in a high bun. Dressed in white, her deep emerald eyes radiated a silent strength. A mixture of her two elder sisters, she was an odd blend of loveliness and guile, strength, and gentleness. Her deep-set gaze was all but unreadable. A fascinating mystery.

"And we---"

"And we have been sent by her highness queen Frigga to be with you and act as you companions as well as handmaidens during your stay here at Asgard!", Blurted out the ever efervescent Ama, cutting her older sister off in the middle of the former's sentence.

"Ama! I was supposed to say that and you cut me off! Apologise right this instant!", She ordered.

"I most definitely shall not.", Ama declared to Ingrid rather defiantly. "Ingrid, the pace at which you were speaking, you would have finished saying that by the time of Ragnorok!" Ingrid took in a horrified gasp at her sister's words.

I widened my eyes at the youngest sister's fiery spirit, making a desperate attempt to suppress my growing smirk (could you imagine the scandal otherwise?). Astrid, perhaps the most level headed of them all, silenced their bickering.

"I hope you two understand that our purpose here is to make lady (Y/n) feel at home and not scare her away, sisters.", She pointed.

"Well tell that to her then!"

Before I could control it, a genuine laugh had broken free from my throat.

How could I resist?

The sisters' harmless squabble, their antics, the shock plastered over their faces when I started laughing; it was as if someone had injected colour into the monotonous court life. I laughed until tears welled up in my eyes and my sides cramped up.

Recovering from my laughing fit, I wiped the tears from my eyes and regained my composure.

Collecting my scattered thoughts, I smiled at the three of them, a warmth spreading in my chest that I never thought I would have felt in such a grand palace.

"Thank you," I began, my voice stronger than I expected, "For your genuinely heart-warming welcome. You have no idea how much your familiarity has put my heart at ease."

The confusion on their faces transformed into smiles, as if they had passed some test they were unaware of.

Ingrid, with her stiff posture and sharp gaze, relaxed, a ghost of a smile painted on her lips.

Ama's face broke into a wide grin, her effervescence apparently unfettered by the royal protocols.

And Astrid, yes, Astrid, her emerald eyes sparked into a vibrant flame, the mystery brewing another layer inside it.

"I would be overjoyed to have such spirited handmaidens during my stay," I continued warmly, looking at each of their faces, "And perhaps companions too. Tell Santa I couldn't find better elves."

The silence that followed rang heavy in my ears, the thumping of my heart accentuating the pause. Within a blink, the sisters erupted into laughter, their melodious mirth resonating in the grand hall, bouncing off the walls, leaving an echo, an imprint of a moment birthed from spontaneous joy. A moment where the royalty faded, where the strict, stern aura of Asgard willingly made way for that precious laughter.

From the corner of my eye, I caught Astrid wiping a tear from hers, a rare, genuine smile beaming on her face. Ama was laughing, her arms around her abdomen, while Ingrid, the strict, stern Ingrid, a clear laughter lined her lips, a rare softness in her gaze.

That moment, solitary and memorable, marked the beginning of an unusual, precious friendship within the mighty walls of Asgard. A journey that would traverse through the joys, sorrows, trials and triumphs, binding the four of us in an unbreakable camaraderie, a tale written in the golden saga of Asgard.

A/n: Hey guys... Long time no see... Actually, I was very caught up with various things in life and hence, unfortunately, couldn't update this book.

Anyways, now that I am back I will start updating more often. Btw, I am sorry for the small chapter and if the voice feels slightly weird, it's just that I haven't got much time to write, lately.

But I promise, I will make it up to y'all.

For now, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Ciao!

~MGD
😉