chapter 1

Life at the compound was as good as it could be. Bucky had been found a few months back and was quickly adjusting. Something no one expected from the former Winter Soldier. In fact, it was all thanks to Cassidy and Steve in helping him adjust. All three of the best friends from the forties were the best of friends now.

   Bucky and Cassidy still suffered from nightmares, but they relied on each other to help. Cassidy did not want to pressure him into being in a relationship, after everything he went through in between her capture by Hydra a couple of years earlier. She had been nervous that he would not remember her again or that he would be too scared of hurting her. In the end, Steve had furiously reassured her that Bucky would remember her and that he did.

   Bucky loved Cassidy, his Sunflower, but he was too scared to say it to her. He had approached her shyly and managed to aske her out on a date. He knew he loved her and she knew she loved him, but they were both too scared to say it to each other. He was scared that she would not believe him and not feel the same way, meanwhile she was scared that he did not really love her because he felt pressured to do so. However, they quickly had become one of the cutest couples in the compound.

     Everyone was okay, everyone was living a life they never thought they could have. Even with all of the baggage they carried with them, they always managed to smile. All of that was due to Cassidy, being considered the glue of the group. She helped without hesitation and most considered that if it was not for her, the Avengers would look different.

      So, everyone in the Avengers was doing good. Sure they bickered a lot, did pranks, and had some tough missions, but they always pulled through as a family.

      But it all came crashing down.