Chapter 13

The Avengers soon were on the quinjet, with both Bucky and Cassidy, who was still blacked out, on stretchers. Everyone was upset at the condition Cassidy was in.

"She was just so light when I picked her up," Steve was still upset and tears slowly fell down his face.

Bucky was laying next to Cassidy and held onto her hand to reassure himself she was actually there. He continued to grimace in pain from the ice knife sticking out of him. Cassidy practically looked dead as she lay there.

"But she's alive, Steve," Bucky had tears streaming down his face too as he also grimaced in pain, "That's all I care about."

"The others cleared out the whole base," Natasha took Cassidy's other hand from where she was seated next to her, "Yakken was nowhere to be seen."

"What do you think they did to her?" Steve questioned.

"Horrible things," Bucky whispered, "Worse than what Hydra did probably."

"ETA is ten minutes till we get to King Simba!" Tony called from the front.

"I feel bad," Natasha shed a tear, "I hit her in the eye. Now it's swelling, and it looks like her eye has been healing before."

"Do not be sorry," Sam came and put a hand on Natasha's shoulder, "We got her out of that hell hole, let that be enough. Let's just help her to get past what happened."

Soon the jet flew into Wakanda and touched down in front of the palace. The royal family, as well their all female guard, were there waiting for them.

T'Challa and Shuri's mother had grown close with Bucky and Cassidy when they had stayed for a few months with them, seeing how well they had bonded with her children. When she saw Cassidy's broken body lying on the stretcher she burst into tears, running forward to inspect her. Cassidy was like a daughter to her and Cassidy was like a sibling to T'Challa and Shuri.

"What happened?" T'Challa walked with Steve.

"A Hydra agent took her two months ago," Steve struggled with talking, "We don't fully know what he did to her, but he made her almost kill Bucky. She...didn't think we were real. Buck almost died."

"We will help them, my friend," T'Challa patted him on the shoulder as they walked inside, also comforting his mother.

Shuri immediately pranced over to Bucky and barked out commands for him to be taken straight to her lab. Her witty sense of humor being her coping mechanism as she took in the pain before her.

"You need to take care of Cassidy first," Bucky's voice was strained as his stretcher floated down the hallways.

"You have an ice pick sticking out of you," Shuri reprimanded, "I can't have you bleeding out and ruining the floors of my lab."

"But-"

"No buts. Cassie is unconscious but stable, and you won't be if I don't fix you right now white boy."

The rest of the team was ushered into the throne room to sit and wait, while discussing what exactly happened. Meanwhile, Bucky and Cassidy were sent with Shuri and Okoye to Shuri's lab.

Bucky was soon put to rights and healed completely of his wound in a short while, not even a scar thanks to Shuri. As he sat up to stretch and slip on a shirt, he saw movement coming from Cassidy.