Chapter 6

Cassidy woke with a shock, her eyes shooting open as her body jerked. Her eyes blinked hard as she examined her surroundings. She tried to move, but her wrists and ankles were restrained by thick metal cuffs to a chair behind her back. Cassidy swiped her tongue over her dry lips as a headache was already forming.

Edward Yakken walked in front of her as a guard's boots thumped behind her.

"Had to force you awake," Yakken clasped his hands behind him, "Sleeping for a day is far too long for me to wait, that little trinket I used really did a number on you super soldier. You would have kept on sleeping if I hadn't woken you."

"Better than seeing your ugly face," Cassidy's head lolled to the side as she felt weak, but not weak enough for her wit to be nonexistent. Perks for being around Tony too much.

"Yes," Yakken got in her face, "But I have found that pretty villains usually end up losing."

Cassidy noticed that one of his eyes was yellow while the other was blue. Creepy.

"Maybe losing will raise your self esteem," Cassidy brought up her head.

Cassidy stared right back at him, and he narrowed his eyes. Yakken looked up at the guard and then stood straight.

"You honestly think I would let you talk to me like that?" He nodded to the guard, "I like my people compliant, not snarky like you."

The guard stepped around to stand in front of her. The guard was big and his face was covered. He quickly drew back his hand and slapped Cassidy hard. Cassidy could not do anything, and her head flew to the side as her skin stung.

"Hiding behind your men because you would break your hand hitting me?" Cassidy slightly smirked.

Yakken glared at her and quickly stepped forward, he swung his fist toward her face and Cassidy felt her lip split open. Blood trickled down her chin as she breathed heavy.

"I can hit you all I want," Yakken grabbed her hair and pulled her head back, "But the guards like it so much. Now let's see what information you can give us before we have to move on."

"I am not giving you anything," Cassidy glared up at the man as she spat a glob of blood out.

"Wrongo," Yakken waved a finger at her as the guard hit her in the stomach making Cassia grunt from the pain, "You either give us what we need, or we just make it worse for you. And don't even think about using your powers, the restraints take care of that."

Cassidy tried to melt the restraints but a powerful electric shock coursed through her and she screamed at the pain. She was basically powerless.

And so it proceeded for hours, they asked for information and she refused to give anything, especially info on Bucky. Soon she could feel the bruises forming all over her body and she could feel blood oozing, her body felt fried by the electricity and swollen. At the end of the day they dragged her out of the chair and threw her in a cold and dirty cell. Her wrists were chained to the wall tightly above her head after they forced her to change out of her uniform and put on a white shirt with grey pants. She wasn't even given shoes, for her boots were taken away and left her in socks.

Tears ran down her face once she was alone as she wished with all her heart that Bucky would come for her and hold her tight, hoping to wake up from this vivid nightmare. But he was not there, none of her family was there because it was real. She was alone now and she had to stay strong enough to last until they came for her. She knew they would come and she would stay alive no matter how long it took.