Chapter 4

Reports of a major Hydra operative hiding in the mountains made them waste no time. Soon they were all suited up and in two quinjets. It was standard procedure to have two jets for everyone to have room and in case one is compromised.

Cassidy sat next to Bucky and grabbed his hand to keep her grounded. Her knee anxiously bobbing up and down.

"Hey," Bucky squeezed her hand, "It's going to be fine."

"I hope you're right," Cassidy breath shuttered.

It was always a bit nerve-racking for both of them to go into Hydra bases. It scared them too much. Whenever they infiltrated a Hydra base they always stuck together. Even though Shuri had helped both of them in kicking out the poisoning trigger words, the nightmares kept them both on edge.

"Coming up on target in five minutes guys," Steve called from the front.

Cassidy and Bucky stood up, as well as anyone else who had been sitting. Cassidy fiddled with her fingerless gloves as Bucky prepped his gun. He looked up and noticed her breath shallowing as she stared into space.

"Hey, hey," Bucky rubbed her arm comfortingly, "Calm down."

"I'm sorry," Cassidy whispered.

"Don't be sorry, okay?" Bucky kissed her forehead, "I love you, Sunflower."

"I love you too," Cassidy whispered shyly.

The quinjet landed and they poured out, seeing the massive metal doors embedded in the mountain. They quickly busted through and split into pairs, being able to cover the base faster and more efficiently.

Bucky and Cassidy made their way down a few corridors, taking down Hydra agents as they went. They soon came upon a rather long corridor with limited light, no doors, and seemingly random lines all over.

"Stay here," Cassidy motioned for Bucky to stay put as she could better protect herself with her powers..

Flicking her wrists, one pulsed blue with ice and the other glowed orange with cracks like lava. She was ready for anything. Slowly she proceeded forward, senses on high alert.

"Ah, Cassidy Sawyer," a scratchy voice tumbled through the corridor, "How lovely of you to join the game."

Cassidy froze and glanced back at Bucky, who had his gun ready to shoot whoever had spoken, whoever had known her name.

"Well," the voice continued, "Don't be rude. It's polite to respond when spoken too, of course, we taught to shut your mouth and be quiet."

Cassidy took a step back as she fired a ball of fire down the hall, intending to hit the speaker. Her hairs standing up on end in fear.

It hit nothing and Cassidy took another step back as her breath hitched, being only a couple of yards from Bucky. Bucky cursed behind her.

"You can't quit the game now!" The creepy voice continued, "Once you step into my world, soldier, you have to commit! Sadly, the same cannot be said for Mr. Barnes."

The seemingly meaningless floor beneath Cassidy's feet shifted before she could scramble back to Bucky, tiling up and making her stumble forward. Turning around sharply she realized that she had been cut off from Bucky.

"Bucky," Cassidy worriedly opened her comms, "You there?"

"I'm fine," he answered, being just as worried, "Doll, what's happening?"

"I am a tiny bit disappointed," the voice came again, "I really hoped that your boyfriend would step out first and I could have him. More...moldable, makes it easier."