Epilogue

Cassidy was in her bed reading a book Steve recommended while in a soft shirt and sweats. Drawn in by the story, she was captivated.

Bucky padded to her room as he usually did after dinner, his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants. Today he had something he wanted to do with her that they had not done in a while. He smiled to himself as he imagined how everything would go.

Cassidy looked up when he came in and smiled. Bucky took note of her now healthy appearance, never again wanting her to be in a state of brokenness ever again.

"Hey, Sunflower, "Bucky grinned as he walked in and closed her door with his foot.

"I know what that look means," Cassidy put a bookmark in her novel before setting it on her nightstand.

"What look?" Bucky queried as he wandered over to her small speaker with his phone.

"The look that means you want to do something sweet that will make me fall in love with you all over again," Cassidy crossed her arms as she gave a small, shy smile.

"Well, I am quite the charmer," Bucky smirked as he hit play on his phone.

Soft music started to play and Cassidy felt her heart swell as Bucky walked over and offered his hand quietly. She took it, and he pulled her up off the bed as he kissed her hand tenderly. His lips traveled up to her face as he peppered her smiling face with kisses, and Cassidy softly giggled at his eagerness.

He wrapped an arm around her waist as the other cradled her hand, and they softly swayed to the music. Cassidy closed her eyes as she relaxed fully against him, his soft shirt against her cheek.

For a while they slowly danced, content with being with each other. Cassidy wrapped her arms around him and he did the same, as his head bent to put his forehead on hers.

"I love you," he whispered, "So much."

"I love you too," Cassidy hummed, "Till the end of the line."

And so they danced together that night, knowing that their love would stay alive for their whole lives. Cassidy was Bucky's girl forever, and they both knew it. Edward Yakken tried to start a game that they would lose, but they created a stronger and more powerful game. One that had their love not on the line waiting to be torn apart, but found already and strengthened through the trials of life.