1 | •Sanguine•

"You learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares

"You learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares. To deny is to invite madness. To accept is to control." ~ Megan Chance, The Spiritualist.

ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

━━━ Into the unknown, she seeks ━━━

A harsh gasped reverberates around the dark, chilling void. Charcoal orbs tremble with unease as her eyes wander around to search for an escape.  'Too cold. Can't breathe.'  It feels like something restricts her whole body. All of a sudden, strings of ice become visible while it coils tightly like a snake wrapping around her body as if to limit ones motility.

                             Thud.

                                                                                   Thud.

                                                                                                                                      Thud.

A phantom, melodious tone whispers in one's ears as they uttered laconically. "What are thou?"

Those words beneath the tone of the voice made her feel mocked and vulnerable. Discombobulated and startled. She stood still and quiet like a statue. A luminous fair hand with sharp claws had loosely wrapped around her neck. Claws inducing a drop of blood, gradually pouring out from her pale neck. It seems like the creature intends to kill her.

She winces in pain and shakily breathes. As the haunting voice repeats, it's own word once again. "What will thy seek?"

Snaps.

                           Snaps.

Snaps.

Charcoal eyes widen as tears form easily due to fear. Gasping of breath, she quickly perches up in the bed. Cold sweats barreled on her forehead and back. As her raven-haired locks becoming unruly and soaked with sweats. 

Her eyes wandered onto the clock to find that the time's exactly at 2 am. Although tired and sluggish, she didn't force herself back to rest. Afraid of encountering the voice in her dream. She stayed up until daybreak arrives.