Chapter Fifteen ~ Nighthawks

CJ lies in her bed with Reggie next to her. "I really don't want to go in today." CJ groans. Reggie chuckles and kisses her forehead "Come on babes. I'll cook you breakfast." he says sitting up. "Okay fine I'll get dressed." CJ caves in. "I'm going to start cooking." Reggie tells her kissing her quickly on the lips. CJ quickly gets dressed when she hears voices in the main area of her trailer.

Walking out her bedroom she spots her friends talking with Reggie

Walking out her bedroom she spots her friends talking with Reggie. "Hey guys." she smiles. "Hey CJ." Sweetpea smiles. "I saw them outside so invited them in." Reggie tells her with a smile and a kiss. CJ smiles and wraps her arms round his middle and lies her head on his back. They hear a camera shutter and look over to see Toni with her phone out. "I'll send it to you." she says smiling.

Soon CJ and Reggie walk into school and sit in the common room with their friends. "It's another win for the bad guys. No one was there. His entire staff quit. He's not sure how long he'll be able to keep the doors open. Maybe not even a week." Jughead rants about Pop's and his staff. "It's because of what happened to my dad. People are freaking out. I gotta be honest. I don't see myself going back soon." Archie admits. "Wait, I'm sorry. Am I hearing acceptance? I'm not letting one psychopath with a gun dictate what happens to our place. Jug, you went crazy trying to save the drive-in." Betty tells them all. "I can't take on any more social issues right now. My hands are full." Jughead explains with CJ nodding in agreement. "With your dad, of course. And he should be your priority. I'll take point on helping Pop Tate." Betty tells them all. "I'll help. Anything to get me away from my parents, I'm in." Veronica tells her. "Another B and V team-up? They should make a video game about you guys." CJ jokes. "We gotta jet. We're off to meet out dad's court-appointed joke of a lawyer at the sheriff's station." Jughead says as he gives Betty a kiss. CJ nods and kisses Reggie aswell. "Message or call when you know what's going on." he tells her. "I will." she promises as she stands up. "Let me come. I gotta drop some flyers off for Sheriff Keller." Archie tells them standing up aswell. "Bye." Betty calls as they leave.

"Let's talk about the damn deal." FP tells the lawyer. "First, to review the charges you're facing, arson, destruction of evidence, making a false confession, obstructing justice, not to mention this whole nasty mess of dumping a dead kid in the river." the man lists. "I know what I did. What's the deal? What are they offering?" FP asks. "You're gonna wanna take it. I've been doing this a long time. It's a strong deal." the lawyer tells him. "How many... damn... years?" CJ asks.

CJ walks into her trailer and flops onto her couch as Reggie follows. "What is it?" he asks sitting down and putting her legs over his. "It's bad. My dad is facing 20 years." she sighs putting her hands over her face. Reggie gently rubs her leg. "I've been thinking." Reggie starts making CJ sit up and look at him. "I want to join the serpents." he tells her. CJ smiles "Let's go to the Wyrm and tell them then." she says getting up. Reggie laughs and stands up following her to the Wyrm.

They walk in and go over to Fangs and Sweetpea. "Where's T?" CJ asks as she sits on Fangs. "She just went toilet." Fangs tells her as he laughs. "Comfy?" he asks right after "Yes thank you darling." CJ tells him in a bad British accent making everyone laugh. Just then Toni walks over. "Hey guys." she smiles walking over to them. "Okay. So the reason we're here is because Reggie want to join the Serpents." CJ smiles. "Hell Yeah!" Sweetpea cheers standing up and bro shaking Reggie. CJ jumps up and Fangs does the same. Tallboy walks over and crosses his arms and glaring at the group. "What's happening over here?" he asks. "Reggie is going to become a Serpent." CJ glares back. "Why does a Northsider want to become a Serpent? For all we know he could be doing it to spy on us." Tallboy glares. CJ growls and turns to Sweetpea "Sweets help me onto the table." she tells him. Smiling he nods and helps her up on the table. "Hey listen up everyone!" she shouts out to everyone. "My Boyfriend Reggie, who you've all met, wants to become a Serpent. Now Tallboy doesn't want him to become one. Does anyone else agree with him... Or does everyone else think he should shut the hell up?" she asks. Everyone goes for the second option making her smile and turn to Tallboy smug. Jumping down from the table CJ walks over to Reggie. "We'll start your initiation tomorrow." she tells him giving him a kiss.