Chapter Thirty-Two ~ Prisoners

CJ stands with Reggie next to Moose as Cheryl sings at Midge's funeral "I also feel it is my duty to say that

CJ stands with Reggie next to Moose as Cheryl sings at Midge's funeral "I also feel it is my duty to say that... Like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who ceaselessly pursue blood atonement when a crime's been committed, the Vixens and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister... Is rightly punished." Cheryl says at the end of the song. CJ wipes her eyes but more tears follow after, stepping forward she places a single white rose on top of the coffin. Reggie takes her hand making her turn to him "I have something that I want to give to Mrs Klump." she tells him. Nodding Reggie walks with her over to Midge's mother "Mrs. Klump?" she asks making her turn to face her. "I'm CJ, I was a friend of Midge's. She asked me to draw her but I never got the chance to give it to her, so I want you to have it." CJ says letting her tears fall as she hands a drawing to Mrs Klump. The woman sobs and pulls CJ into a hug "Thank you CJ, it's beautiful." she tells her. CJ hugs her back "You're very welcome Mrs Klump, Midge was an amazing person and friend to me and I shall never forget her kindness." she tells Mrs Klump. Giving the crying woman one last sad smile, CJ walks away with Reggie.

CJ leans against the window of Pop's, not touching her food as her friends discuss who could have killed Midge "I have a theory

CJ leans against the window of Pop's, not touching her food as her friends discuss who could have killed Midge "I have a theory. It's a copycat killer. And who coincidentally showed up in Riverdale just after Mr. Svenson was killed? And has been giving off creepy vibes ever since? Chic. He has a temper too." Jughead tells the group. "Chic is here because I went to the hostel to get him. And, yes, he's weird, but he didn't know Midge So moving on..." Betty says. Archie sighs "What if Mr. Svenson wasn't the Black Hood?" he suggests. "Archie, we were there when he died." Betty points out. "I know. But just because he was wearing a hood that night, it doesn't necessarily mean he's the same guy who shot my dad. Attacked CJ. And now killed Midge." Archie counters. "Svenson forced me to bury you alive. He cut off his own finger and sent it to me." Betty reminds him. "Maybe the real Black Hood cut it off because he was working with Svenson." Reggie says agreeing with Archie. "And Svenson would've let himself be mutilated?" Veronica asks. "Look, all I'm trying to say, is the real Black Hood could still be alive. I looked into the Black Hood's eyes, they weren't Mr. Svenson's eyes." Archie tells the group. Jughead turns to his sister "CJ?" he asks. CJ turns to him "You alright, you haven't touched your food." he asks her. Shrugging CJ starts fiddling with her necklace; Reggie and Jughead look at each other, their worry mirrored in each others eyes. "Sis, I'm going to drop Betty home. I'll pop by later okay?" Jughead tells CJ. His sister nods making him sigh and kiss the top of her head before leaving "Cee, I was thinking we could have a slumber party some point this week?" Veronica suggests as Archie moves to sit next to their grieving friend. CJ shrugs and rubs her arm with her fingers, noticing this Archie takes her hand and rubs his thumb over the back of it "Or the four of us could watch a movie at mine, I know Vegas would like to see you." he tells her. Once again CJ shrugs and turns to look out the window "Baby please at least eat something. You haven't eaten in a couple of days." Reggie tells her. "Not hungry." CJ responds not looking at them.