Chapter Forty-Six ~ The Red Dahlia

CJ sits in the bunker as she, Jughead, Sweetpea, Joaquin, Reggie and Fangs make up a story about Tallboy "Explain it to me one more time

CJ sits in the bunker as she, Jughead, Sweetpea, Joaquin, Reggie and Fangs make up a story about Tallboy "Explain it to me one more time." FP tells them. "We drove him to the bus station at gunpoint and got him on a bus out of town." Jughead says. "He murdered Slash! And you thought putting him on a bus was enough punishment? I don't buy it." FP responds. "Look, I made a decision. I'm sorry that you don't agree with that, but he's gone." Jughead shrugs. "I'm gonna pretend like I believe you idiots for now. I've got my hands full finding Hiram's would-be assassin. Next time you see me, have a better story." FP says standing up and walking out of the bunker. CJ sighs "What now?" she asks Jughead. "Business as usual." Jughead responds. Nodding CJ stands and walks out with Reggie "Home?" Reggie asks. CJ nods "Yeah." she responds.

The next day Jughead drags CJ to talk to Hermione about Hiram's shooting "To what do I owe the pleasure?" Hermione asks

The next day Jughead drags CJ to talk to Hermione about Hiram's shooting "To what do I owe the pleasure?" Hermione asks. "I'll just get right to it, Madam Mayor. Did you shoot your husband?" Jughead asks. "Excuse me? I love my husband." Hermione responds. "Uh-huh, but did you shoot him? From what I hear, not all is not well over at the Pembrooke." Jughead asks her. "As records and witnesses will attest, I was on the phone with Hiram when he was shot, picking up lunch at Pop's." Hermione tells them. "What were you and Hiram arguing about when Veronica had her seizure?" Jughead continues to question. "Well, Mr. Jones, if you must know, we were fighting because I caught Hiram having an affair. I had been suspicious for a while, so I had Sheriff Minetta follow him. This was before he got butchered, of course. And he gave me these. Now, I don't know who she is, but he was meeting her regularly at the Five Seasons." Hermione explains handing Jughead and CJ a file with photos in. "Hiram having another woman is pretty good motive to shoot him." CJ points out. "No, it isn't. I simply asked him to end it, and he did. Now, I'm telling you this because I have nothing to hide. Keep those. I mean, who knows? Maybe Hiram's mistress was angry when he called it quits. You do know how volatile blondes can be." Hermione tells them.

After meeting with Hermione the twins head to the bunker "Sweet Pea, Fangs, Joaquin, why'd you guys bring us down here? You know we're on a case." Jughead tells them. "I heard the Gargoyle Gang is riled up. They're looking for Tall Boy. And as long as his body's down here, it's a ticking time bomb!" Fangs explains. "Yeah, well, it's too hot to move him right now." CJ says making Sweetpea sigh. "Hey! Let's not lose our heads, okay? Fangs, we need you to stay here with Tall Boy, and we need you to lock this place up. We're serious. Sweet Pea, you need to tail someone for us." CJ tells them. "What about me?" Joaquin asks. "Keep your ear to the ground. Anything suspicious happens message me." CJ tells him.