Chapter Ten ~ The Lost Weekend

CJ wakes up to Jughead and Archie jumping on her. "Boys!" she whines as she sits up. Laughing Jughead pulls her in for a hug "Come on we let you lie in." CJ gets out of bed sighing and quickly gets dressed.

"Juggie! Arch! Have you seen my contact lenses?" CJ calls out

"Juggie! Arch! Have you seen my contact lenses?" CJ calls out. "Nope sorry." the boys respond. Sighing CJ puts her glasses on and heads downstairs. "Not a word you two." she tells them glaring.

Walking into school CJ finds Reggie waiting by her locker. She smiles and walks over to him. "Where'd these come from?" Reggie asks giving CJ a kiss and tapping the glasses gently. "I couldn't find my contacts this morning." she sighs kissing him back. "I like them. I've always been a sucker for glasses." Reggie winks making CJ blush. As she gets her stuff out her locker Reggie carries on talking to her. "Toni told me it's your birthday tomorrow." he tells her. "I don't want a fuss. I don't like my birthday." CJ quickly tells him. "She already told me. But we were thinking we could get Pop's and go see a movie. Just you, me and the Serpent group." Reggie explains. "I'll think about it." she smiles.

At lunch CJ walks into the cafeteria with Reggie when she spots Chuck. She quickly turns and rushes to the bathroom. Pushing the door to a toilet she empties the contents of her stomach into it. She feels a hand gently rubbing her back, turning she sees Veronica. CJ gives a small smile before bursting into tears. Veronica wraps her arms round her andets her cry into her shoulder. Soon they pull away as CJ calms down. "Come on Reggie is outside." Veronica tells her friend. CJ nods and they walk out the bathroom together. Reggie opens his arms and CJ goes crashing into them.

 Reggie opens his arms and CJ goes crashing into them

The next day CJ gets up and gets dressed quickly. Grabbing the present she got Jughead she goes and jumps onto him. "CJ!" he groans as she lands on him. "Yes brother dear?" she smiles sweetly. Jughead rolls his eyes before pulling her to the side and hugging her. "Happy Birthday Big Bro." she tells him as she snuggles into his chest. "Happy Birthday Lil Sis." he tells her with a soft smile. "This is adorable." they hear from the door. Turning they see Reggie and Archie by the bedroom door. CJ smiles and gets up to greet her boyfriend. Reggie smiles and kisses her gently "Happy Birthday baby." he smiles. "Thanks Babe." she smiles. "Happy Birthday Jug." he says over CJ's shoulders. "Thanks Reg." Jughead responds.