Chapter Sixteen ~ The Watcher In The Woods

CJ wakes up in Reggie's arms wrapped round her. She smiles rolls so she's facing him "Morning." he tells her. "Morning. Seems like you stay here more than you're own house." she giggles playing with his hair. "Well maybe I like it here." he tells her kissing her nose. CJ smiles "Come on I'm meeting Juggie at Riverdale High, then we're heading to Southside High." she tells him. Reggie nods and moves so she can get up. "While I remember, you've got the Guantlet tonight." she remembers. Reggie smiles "Then I'll be a Serpent." he tells her with a kiss making CJ smile.

CJ sits on Reggie's lap while Kevin explains what happened to Moose and Midge

CJ sits on Reggie's lap while Kevin explains what happened to Moose and Midge. "It was full-on Carrie. Midge covered in Moose's blood, screaming like a banshee. It was insane." he tells them. "Kev, what were you even doing there?" Betty asks. "I was just night-jogging, you know, as one does, and suddenly, I hear gunshots." he explains. "Can we agree there's a killer on the loose?" Archie asks. "With terrible aim." Jughead comments. "Jughead, he murdered Ms. Grundy." "We don't know these three crimes are related." CJ points out before pulling her phone out.

CJ🤍_ Hope you and Moose are okay. Once you are up to it we'll have a girls night x

Midge🐾_ Thanks CJ. We're okay, Moose protected me. I'll let you know what evenings I'm free x

CJ puts her phone away as Veronica starts talking. "Guys, can we focus on what matters here? Midge and Moose are alive. Archie's dad survived. The Matchlerette starts tonight. You're coming over to watch." she lists with a smile. "There's a shooter terrorizing the town. You really want us to watch a gross dating show?" Jughead asks. "What I want is for you guys to meet my dad officially. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing bad things, as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dad's life and he needs to know mine." Veronica explains. "We'll be there Ronnie. But we will have to leave before the others as we have something planned." CJ explains. "That's fine Cee. As long as you guys meet him." Veronica assures. "Well, we'll be there, V. Can't wait." Betty tells her. "Thank you." Veronica smiles. "Hey, Andrews, Mantle, we're going to the hospital to see Moose. You coming?" Chuck asks from the doorway. "Yeah, for sure." Reggie says as CJ stands to let him up. He smiles and gives her a quick kiss "I'll see you later. Love you" he tells her. "Love you too." she smiles. "I'll see you tonight, Ronnie." Archie says as he also leaves. "We better go. We were supposed to meet my peer mentor at Southside High half an hour ago." Jughead says motioning to himself and CJ. "Wait, are--? Are you sure you can't just keep going here?" Betty asks. "We'll be fine." he assures. "Bye." Betty says as the twins leave.

"It's the pins on my hat." Jughead tells the guard as the metal detector beeps. "Take it off, go again." the guard tells him. "Forsythe Pendleton Jones the Third." Toni says as the twins collect their bags. "Hey T." CJ smiles as they hug. "Uh... it's Jughead, actually." Jughead tells the girl. "I'm Toni Topaz. I was supposed to give you the full animatronic tour, but some robots went insane and started killing the guests, so, we'll just wing it." Toni says as she starts the tour. "Classrooms don't have Wi-Fi, bathroom stalls don't have doors." she list as they walk down the corridor. "What about the Red and Black?" Jughead asks. "Yeah, it no longer exists. Censorship? Budget cuts? Take your pick. You'll find a glimpse of jingle-jangle being consumed in its natural habitat." Toni tells them as they walk past a couple of teens taking the drug. "I'm sorry, "jingle-jangle"?" Jughead asks." This place is crawling with the JJ. A highly addictive total gutter drug. So, let's not touch that." Toni explains." Jingle-jangle. Fascinating." Jughead comments making his sister roll her eyes.