Chapter Two ~ A Touch Of Evil

Monday morning CJ wakes up in Joaquin's arms with Toni leaning against her "Anyone else awake?" she asks. "Me." she feels and hears Joaquin say from under her. She sits up and smiles at him "Wake the others and I'll make breakfast." CJ tells him getting up. She walks into Sweetpea's kitchen and finds some eggs to cook, smiling she starts cooking them while toasting some bread. Looking in the fridge she finds some cheese and puts some in with the eggs "I'll make some coffee for everyone." Joaquin says from behind her. Soon Toni, Fangs and Sweetpea walks over to them "Once we've eaten I'll get you some clothes from my trailer." Toni tells her making CJ nod.

CJ walks into her school and spots Jughead near the entrance waiting for her, he walks over to her and hugs her making her tear up "I miss him Jug

CJ walks into her school and spots Jughead near the entrance waiting for her, he walks over to her and hugs her making her tear up "I miss him Jug." she tells him. "I know sis." he tells her kissing her head. They walk to Archie's locker where CJ sees Jason's locker covered in photos, flowers and cards, she walks over to it as Jughead talks to Archie. As she looks at them she feels someone walk over to her, looking up she sees Chuck Clayton "What do you want Chuck?" she asks. "Just wondering why you're looking at Jason's locker." he says. "Because he was one of my best friends. That's why." she tells him. "Well do you want to go out tonight and talk about memories of him? I don't really do it with my parents." Chuck asks her. "Um... sure?" CJ responds. "Great we'll leave after school then." he tells her walking off.

CJ sits in an empty art class as she listens to Whetherbee's announcement "Good Morning students. This is your principle speaking. There has been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally, let me state clearly. It is happening as scheduled. Now on a less felicitous note, if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller." Principle Whetherbee says over the intercom. "Most of you already know the details, but your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found late Saturday night. So as of this weekend Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide, it is an open and on going investigation." Sheriff Keller starts. "And may I intergect, neither I or my parents will rest til Jason's death is avenged, and his cold blooded killer is walking the green mile to sit in old sparky and fry. I for one have my suspicions... Hashtag Riverdale Strong." Cheryl cuts in. "If you know anything, that could help us find and apprehend Jason's killer or anything that happened on July 4th, I strony urge you to come forward immediately. You can either speak with me or Principle Whether bee. A death like yhis wounds is all, let's not let Jason down." Sheriff Keller finishes. CJ sighs and looks at her drawing, deciding to finish it later she puts it away.

After school Chuck meets CJ outside the school "Where do you want to go?" CJ asks. "Pop's?" he asks her. "Yeah I've got my bike so I'll meet you there." CJ responds. "Um could you give me a lift? Reggie picked me up today." Chuck asks. "Yeah I've got a spare helmet." she smiles leading the way to her bike. Chuck gives a slow whistle "Nice bike." he tells her. "Thanks I fixed it up myself." she smiles as she hands him the spare helmet. She jumps on "Coming?" she asks. He chuckles and gets on behind her holding onto her waist. Starting the bike she drives to Pop's. She stops the bike and gets off first, chuckling at Chuck's face. "That was fun." he smiles getting off and handing her the helmet. "I usually go faster." she shrugs, Chuck laughs and starts walking into the diner with CJ following. "Hey CJ usual?" Pop asks as the walk in. "Hey Pop. Yeah please." she says smiling at the older man. "I'll have the same." Chuck tells him. "You don't know what I have." CJ chuckles. "I like everything on the menu so I'm easy like that." he laughs back as they sit in a booth.