Chapter Six ~ Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!

The next morning CJ wakes up to her phone ringing. "Hello?" she asks. "Hi CJ you want to come round for breakfast? Mum wants to know as she's making her chocolate chip pancakes you liked so much, when you had lunch with us the other day." Reggie asks. "Depends is there cream?" "Yes there's cream." Reggie chuckles. "Well then I would love breakfast. I'll be there in 15." CJ responds with a smile. "Okay see you then." Reggie responds before hanging up. CJ gets up smiling and looking at Jughead. "I'm going out for breakfast. See you later" she tells him as she grabs some clothes.

CJ arrives at Reggie's and rings the bell

CJ arrives at Reggie's and rings the bell. A couple minutes later Mrs Mantle opens the door. "CJ I'm glad you could make it. Please come in." she smiles. "I'm glad I could come." CJ smiles. "Reggie's in his room if you want to go up. Breakfast won't be done for another 15." Mrs Mantle smiles before heading back into the kitchen. CJ heads up and knocks on Reggie's door. "You can come in CJ." she hears from inside. She chuckles and walks into his room "Let me guess you heard my bike." she says. "How did you know?" Reggie jokes.

CJ laughs and flops into his bed. "Comfy?" he asks. "Yep." she smiles at him as he lies down next to her and turns to face her. "So how was your evening after we parted?" he asks. CJ shrugs "Alright I guess. Jughead is working with Betty to see if they can work out who killed Jason so I'm not seeing a lot of him. I just messaged my serpent friends for a bit before going to bed." she tells him. Reggie gives her a sad smile "I have a request." he tells her. "What?" she asks smiling. "I want to meet your serpent friends. Even if it's just one of them." he tells her. CJ nods "Sure I'll message them and see if they can meet tonight. If you want." she tells him. "Sounds good." he tells her.

Later CJ is sat in the Blue and Gold office drawing while Betty and Jughead track down where Polly is. "The Sisters of Quiet Mercy." Betty reads. "What is that, like a church? Or a charity?" Jughead asks her. "No, it's a home for troubled youths." Betty starts. "Where disenfranchised teens will learn such virtues as discipline and respect enjoying lives of quiet reflection and servitude." she adds reading the website. "Poor Polly." Jughead says as CJ rolls her eyes slightly. "It's been months, there's got to be a reason my mom and dad don't want me to see Polly, but I don't care anymore." Betty tells Jughead as Archie and Reggie walk in. Reggie heads over to CJ and watches as she draws. "What are you guys talking about? Anything I can help with?" Archie asks the duo by the laptop. "We're attempting a stealth operation. If we go in there with the entire Scooby Gang, forget it, we're compromised." Jughead tells him making CJ roll her eyes again. "Well, don't you have to practice for the variety show?" CJ asks her friend. "Uh, no, I don't." Archie tells her.

"Except that yes, you do. Thanks to a certain Veronica-Ex-Machina." Veronica says as she walks in with Kevin behind her. "Excuse me." Archie says. "What do you mean?" Betty asks. "Oh, nothing, just that I had a few words with our director slash host and reminded him that he's heard you sing on numerous occasions." Veronica tells them. "Though it compromises my artistic integrity?" Kevin asks. "Cutting to the chase, you have a slot, if you want it." Veronica cuts in. "Veronica, thank you, but you saw what happened." Archie tells her. "We all did." Kevin tells him. "Playing my songs in front of you guys is one thing but getting back up on that stage by myself? I'm not sure I'm ready." Archie tells them all. "If it's a partner you're looking for, Veronica Lodge is more than willing and able." Veronica tells him with a smile. "Veronica, I didn't know you could sing." CJ says. "Like a nightingale. What do you say, Archiekins? Be the Jay to my Bey?" Veronica asks Archie making him chuckle.