Taking the Blow

Ashlynn's P.O.V.

Today was the day.  Today Harry would announce his being taken..... by me.  Today, I would be recieiving more hate than a girl in highschool who got pregnant by the star quarter back.  It's all happening today.  Quite frankly, I'm scared shitless.  I've never really been one to care what others think about me, but I like these guys, and I want their fans to like me too.  But I have a deep feeling that due to the fact I'm dating the guy that every single fan is madly in love with, I doubt I'll be liked.  I took one more glance into the mirror, adjusting my oversized sweater.  I decided to go half way casual today, wearing leggings and brown leather boots to match the maroon sweater.  I wanted to keep myself on the down low as much as possible today.

"Time to go." Harry said, sticking his head into our bedroom.  I nodded, and followed him out the door.  Here we go...

Harry's P.O.V.

The flirty one.  The single one.  The ladies man.  All titles I'm going to miss once I announce that me and Ashlynn are together.  How lovely.  I really hope managment will let me out of this soon.  I cant take these mixed feelings I have for the girl much longer.  She's a bitch, but I fancy her.  Or atleast I think I do. You see my problem?  

We were all piled into Paul's van, on the way to the morning show's studio.  It was supposedly the biggest morning news show in America.  No pressure right?   Ashlynn was sitting next to Niall, giggling and laughing at somthing he'd said.  I rlled my eyes at the two, and leaned back further in my seat. She could atleast try to hide her crush on him.  I mean, shes supposed to be dating ME!

"Boys right this way" a stage manager prodded us all to the backstage of the studio.  We'd gone through hair and makeup, and were ready to go get interveiwd.

 "And here they are... One Direction!" Thats my cue.  The lads and I all began to walk out in a single file line, waving into the sea of girls.  We kissed the interveiwers cheek, and took a seat on the couch.  The first couple questions were basic.  How's the tour going, do you guys get along, how being formed for the x factor felt.  Finally the big question popped up.  

"So boys, here is the real question.  Whose single, and whose not?" The news lady wriggled her eyebrows at us, flashing a toothy grin.

 "I've got a girlfriend.  Perrie Edwards from Little Mix." Zayn said, sheepishly raising his hand.  

"Ohhhh, well ones off limits girls!  And I'm guessing the rest of you are fair game?" The lady asked glancing at each of us.  

"Actually, I'v just recently found myself a girlfriend.  Her name is Ashlynn Stegway." I said, grinning like mad.  I had to play the role of the cheery boyfriend.  I heard every girl in the room gasp, and chatter broke out.  

"You heard it here first folks!  Harry Styles, the ladies man, has found himself a lady!" With that, the newslady sent the show to commercial, and our interveiw was done.  Without another word, the woman got up and left, as if we'd never even spoken.  

"Rude." Louis shook his head, getting up from the couch.  Most of the poeple that interveiw us stay and chat for a bit after their show, but every once in a while, we would run across a few that just seemed to have no manners.

 We all followed Louis to backstage.  My eyes scanned the room for the girl of the hour.  I found Ashlynn cooped up in a corner, nose in her phone.  Honestly, I felt bad for her.  She never asked for this.  The hate she's getting must be harsh.  I walked over to her, and sat down, nudging her side with my elbow.  

"Chin up love, things will blow over once everyone gets tired of talking about it." I said, trying to cheer her up.  We were in this together, and it was time we started acting like a team.