Chapter l - Puck

Puck desperately gasped for air as he dragged his unconscious sister down the scorched stairs. Where did it come from? he thought miserably. I feel like I'm melting.

        A mist all the screaming, yelling and the wail of the smoke detectors, Puck could just make out the sallowet of the couch, and behind that, the door! " Almost there" he said aloud, hoping Twinkle could hear him. He instantly regretted talking as embers and ashes got into his mouth, clogging up his throat. His head started pounding with the smoke detectors yell and his arms and legs ached from carrying his sister's dead weight.

        Only half of the stairs to go, he thought, trying to encourage himself. Puck focused his sight at the door. We're almost there, almost there, almost...

        Puck stopped so suddenly that Twinkle's body thumped against him, making Puck almost fall down the stairs. Puck peered down the long flight of  stairs, desperately trying to see against the smoke. Flames were getting in his eyes, making them water so much he couldn't see anything. I can't take this...I'm not suppose to be near so much heat.....

        Puck let go of Twinkle with one hand and wiped his eyes. There! Something was on fire right in front of the door. Puck stood on tip-toe trying to see over the couch and through the smoke. What was it? It was long and skinny and....

        Puck's heart nearly stopped. His eyes wouldn't leave the object, they wouldn't blink. His right hand hung to his side while his left hand, absentmindedly, let go of Twinkle, making her limp body fall down the stairs and onto the charred carpet below.

        " PUCK WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!??" screeched a voice that, to Puck, seemed far, far away in a different world. Puck didn't answer, his eyes still locked on the object. The voice picked up Twinkle and dragged Puck out of the front door. Then and only then did Puck blink. But instead of his eyes reopening, they stayed shut. Finally, after a long time with only hearing mummers of conversation, Puck heard the voice. It said only one more thing: " YOU'LL PAY OF THIS, THOR!"