Chapter 33- Thunder

"Who the heck are you!?"

The old woman just smiled at Thunder, as if she knew everything in the world and he was just a homeless boy with a messed up family. Oh wait...

"Where did Puck go!?" Twinkle cried. "Where is he?!"

"That my dear child," said Ms. Curry " it was only a dream."

"You mean we dreamed Puck was there?"

"No I mean he dreamed he was here."

"I'm confused," Twinkle said. "How did Conner not get shot with the arrow?"

Ms. Curry sighed. "Have you figured nothing out child?"

Thunder flinched at Ms. Curry's old voice. Something about the women scared him.

"Children," the old women said to Twinkle and Thunder. "Let me explain all of the strange things you've been going through. Think about how Twinkle was blown away by an ice storm. How could've she survived that, all alone in an ice cave for months?"

"But Ms. Curry, I survived because you left food for me everyday. And blankets," Twinkle explained.

So that's how Twinkle knows this women! Thunder thought.

"Yes that is true," Curry said. "But how fortunate was it that the wind just happened to blow you straight into a cave, an empty one far from wild animals and evil humans? And Twinkle, how did you know how to find Mt. Arrow and find your bothers? How did you know what to do? How did you know to jump on the backs of cars and sleep in doorsteps while you were traveling? You are only 3 years old after all, how could've you survived all this?"

Thunder frowned. He and Twinkle had noticed these things, he knew that. They'd always been confused about it, but Twinkle had always been a smart girl. They thought maybe she just was super smart. But was it really something more? Ms. Curry made it seem that way. And come to think about it, Twinkle had seemed to become super smart right after.....right after their parents died. Thunder looked at Twinkle. He could tell by her puzzled expression that she was also thinking all these things.

"Are you saying," Thunder started, "That Twinkle being smart....is something more than her just being..smart?"

Ms. Curry smiled. It was a kind smile, yes, but it was full of mystery, and once again Thunder got the feeling that the old women knew much much much more than him.

"And you Thunder dear," said the mysterious women "How were you able to pick up fighting skills with Spark so easily? Hum? Sure, with time you could've learned all the things they taught you, but you are nearly as skilled as Herion, and you only had a few months of training."

Thunder felt himself swell with pride. He may not know this women too well, but she said he was as good as Herion! Herion the leader! The one everyone looks up to! Me? As good as Herion!?

"And what about you curing Valyor, hum?" Ms. Curry continued with her speech. "How did you know how to do all those medical procedures? You have to admit, you didn't know what you were doing! You weren't thinking! Your hands were just moving. Am I right?"

"Um...I mean....No...But yes..." Thunder stuttered. "How do you know all this?"

"Yeah!" Twinkle chimed in. "It's like...you've been watching us ever since our parents...you know..."

"But I have! I've been watching you always. Ms. Curry spoke simply, as if stalking the siblings for months wasn't creepy at all. "After all, children with powers like yours need watching!"

Lightning flashed outside, and the small light bulbs in the dungeon flickered. The mention of their powers had made both of the siblings nervous. "How..." Twinkle whispered. "How do you know about...about our powers?"