Chapter Vl - Puck

Puck woke up in a dirty stone jail cell. His memory was blank. "Where am I?" 

 He spotted Thunder laying on the ground on the other side of the jail cell. He appeared to be asleep but then he spoke. "I have no idea."

   Puck was confused. They'd been hit by arrows, how had they both survived? 

   Suddenly the two brothers heard voices coming from outside of the jail cell. There was the jingle of a key change and then a small click of the cell door being unlocked.

  Puck gasped and scooted himself closer to Thunder. Who were these strangers?
  The cell door opened with an eerie creeeeeeekkkk. Puck dug his fingers into Thunder's jacket and held his breath when the same two hooded figures-hoods off this time though- and another figure entered the stone room. 

    The person without the hood was a boy, probably a little older than Thor (Thor was 11). The boy looked tough, much like his companions and he had unruly brown hair. He seemed to have a position of great importance, or that's what Puck thought. 

    The first hooded figure, to Puck's surprise, was a young girl probably 8 or 9. Unlike the first boy, she had a look of worry and sadness on her face, but she still appeared lively and fearsome. She had long dark brown hair and had a bow and arrow slung around her back.

    The last person was another boy, this time with rather neat blond hair. His face was serious as if he was trying to impress the first boy. Still, he was very young much like the others- only probably 9 or 10- and didn't seem that harmful.

    Puck relaxed a little. They were no more than children, just like himself! Still, he thought, they still did shoot us with arrows....

   The first boy interrupted Puck's thoughts. "Who are you and who do you work for?" His voice was surprisingly calm. 

   Puck looked at Thunder. Thunder hesitated. "We work for no one," he said hastily. " And I'm Caleb and he" Thunder said pointing to Puck "is Jace."

    "Code names" thought Puck. "Clever Thunder."

  "So.." Said the girl "You don't work for Thor?" 

  Puck jumped "Thor?"

   "The master criminal?" 

  "No.." Said Thunder "But.. Well we've heard of him.. Sort of" 

  "Well in that case," said the boy without a hood "we'll let you stay in a proper room... That is until we know for sure your telling the truth." He pointed to the girl. "Show them to their room." Then he and the other boy left.

    Puck looked at the girl uncertainty. "Don't worry" she said. Then she headed to the door of the jail cell. She beckoned them to follow her.

"My name is Scara by the way" she said friendly. "Our leader is Heiron, the one with the brown hair and Neptune is the one with blond hair." 

    They were in a hallway now and Scara suddenly turned a corner and opened a heavy wooden door. "This is where you'll be staying." 

    It was a normal sized room with stone walls, a twin bed in the right corner, a table by the left wall, and a huge window in between the table and the bed. It wasn't much, Puck reasoned , but it was better than a cave. 

   "Thanks" said Thunder hastily.

    "No problem " answered Scara. "Oh!" She said. "I suggest you don't really wonder around this place. I don't know what Heiron would say about that." She nodded to them and then left the room. 

   Puck looked at Thunder. "Thor?" He said. "A master criminal?...in a day?!" 

   "Puck," said Thunder, looking at the sky through the window. "We've been locked up for a week."