Chapter 24- Twinkle

Twinkle and Valyor snuck up the dungeon stairs and bolted fast for the door, leaving Jink's dead body behind them.

Twinkle flew open the door, which was wood and surprisingly unlocked. An icy wind greeted her, sending shivers through her body.

"Maybe we should bring coats" Valyor observed and nodded toward hooks on the walls to the right of the door. Each hook had some sort of jacket on it. Valyor chose one that looked about his size. It was grey and worn out, but it would suit him long enough. Then he quickly ran out the door.

Not wanting to lose Valyor, Twinkle quickly picked the largest jacket off the hooks, standing on tip-toe to reach it and threw it over her head. Not bothering to see what it looked like, she raced out of the door after Valyor. "Wait for me!"

She was surprised to feel crunching of snow below her feet. Her black boots stayed firmly on the ground, like the ground was made of ice. Moonlight shown on the snow, making it glisten and sparkle. "It's winter?!" Twinkle looked at Valyor surprised. Of course it had been cold on Mt. Shiver, for it was the highest mountain in Jama, and surrounded by ice in snow. No matter what time of the year, Mt. Shiver was always cold. But Mt. Arrow where she was now? It wasn't a very high mountain, and only got snow in the winter. "It's winter?!"

Valyor nodded, unsure why Twinkle was so surprised. "Come on" he said. "Night won't last forever." Valyor trudged through the snow, he weight enabling him to stand on the snow like Twinkle. Twinkle quickly followed him, but kept quiet, her mind full of many puzzling questions. If it's winter, and Thor started the fire in early fall- September ...I've been away from my brothers for months! It's December now! I need to find them! Once I do, we can get help. We'll talk to the police or something. Wait...no we can't do that. I'm NOT going back into the orphanage. If we tell the police mom and dad died...they'll send us to the orphanage...and they might split us up!! We'll have to stay as far away from King Bolt and his soldiers as possible. Hang on Twinkle, slow down. You need to focus on one thing- saving your brothers. Saving your brothers.

Twinkle looked down at the snow under her feet. "Puck" she said out loud. "Save..........Police.....Orphanage...." Valyor looked over his shoulder at Twinkle but said nothing. He had a feeling that Twinkle was telling him much less than she had planned. Why would she say such strange words, if she wasn't planning something unthinkable for a 3 year old to do? I'm going to find out!