Chapter 10 "The Dinner"

\Selena's POV/

I got back to my house and saw my mom, Sierra, and Shawn. If y'all don't remember, Shawn is my sister's dad. Where's my dad? He left us a long time ago when I was born... I sighed and went to mom, "Hey mom, Stormie invited us to dinner. She said it would be nice to have both of our families together since it's been a long time," I chuckled. My mom nodded, "That sounds good. Tell them we will come," I nodded and got my phone out and texted Rydel and Rydel texted back that dinner will be at five.

Shawn looked my mom and I, "What are we doing?" and my mom got up and grabbed her drink, "We are going to dinner with the Lynches." I gulped because I know Shawn has never met the Lynches. He's heard me talk about them on the phone but he's never actually met them. "Oh the Lynches? That family you guys get along with?" He asked and I nodded, "Yep. My best friend, Rydel, and everyone!" I smiled. Shawn suddenly raised his eyebrows, "Isn't her brother like your enemy?" He asked. I bit my lip because I knew he was talking about Ross. "Well, his name is Ross, and..." I stuttered. I don't want to tell him Ross and I are dating yet. I'll just sugar coat, "We're good now." He nodded, "Alright."

We went to the Lynch house for dinner a few hours later. Stormie opened the door for us and greeted my mom, "Hello Nicole!" She said smiling. My mom smiled back, "Hey Stormie! Um... I would like you to meet someone. This is Shawn, Sierra's father," she spoke. Shawn shook hands with Stormie and soon enough, Mark Lynch as he came up to the door. I went inside while Mama and Papa Lynch were meeting Shawn. Sierra was already talking to Rydel. Sierra and Rydel got a long pretty well. Rydel thinks it's cute how Sierra has a crush on Ellington. "Are you and Ratliff still together?" Sierra asked Rydel. Rydel laughed and nodded, "Yes we are!" Sierra folded her arms, "Aw man!" She said walking away to talk to Ryland. I rolled my eyes and Rydel smiled, "Hey Sel," and I nodded up at her, "Hey Delly!"

I sighed and looked around until Rydel saw Shawn and my mom walk in, "Who's that?" I chuckled, "You'll see in a bit." Well, basically, Stormie called everyone in and announced who Shawn was and he got to meet everyone. Mark went to me and said Ross would be late for dinner because they told him to drive to the store to buy some soda and drinks.

Dinner was almost ready and everyone hung out, including Shawn and my mom and everyone! Ross ran in the house with a bag of drinks. He set it on the table. Oh god, I forgot to tell Ross about Shawn and everything. I went to him and gulped but still kept a smile, "Hey Ross," I said and he looked at me and smiled, "Oh hey," he said smiling. He started to lean in but I caught him off guard by stepping on his foot hard as I could. That was the only thing I could think of to do with my mom and Shawn and Sierra watching us from afar. Ross yelled, "Ow!" And I bit my lip and looked at them, "Spider! I thought I saw a spider!" I said and Riker's eyes went wide,

"Did you kill it?" He asked with a worried look. Oh yeah, Riker's fear of spiders. I forgot about that. "Yeah..." I said and I grabbed Ross by his arm and ran us into the kitchen.

"What was that?!" He asked. I sighed, "Sorry but you were going to kiss me!" He raised an eyebrow and scratched his head, "That's a bad thing?" I shrugged, "Kind of."

I explained it all to Ross. Shawn can't know about him and I right now because I just know he will get all protective and start stuff with Ross. Ross nodded, "But baby, I can be a gentleman. He'll love me!" He said smiling. I smiled slightly, "I know... But please.. trust me.." I said. Ross sighed, "It'll be hard to resist you tonight but alright. I'll try."

I smiled and kissed his cheek and we left to everyone else. Dinner rolled around and we sat around a big table and started eating up what Stormie cooked. It included pasta, French fries, rolls, etc... We made jokes during the dinner and it was enjoyment. "So, you okay with Ross and Selena dating?" Rocky smirked, putting some food in his mouth, talking towards Shawn. My eyes went wide and Ross's eyes went wide too. "What?" Shawn asked. Rocky gulped, "Do you approve of those two?" He asked. I stared at Rocky in a glare and he looked at me, "Hey Sel, you have a bit of pasta on your cheek..." He said. I sighed and grabbed a napkin and cleaned up. God, I knew someone was going to say something.

"You two are dating?" Shawn asked. "Yeah," I said biting my lip. He looked at my mom, "Did you know about this?" My mom nodded. He sat back in his chair with his eyes wide, "No one told me?" Mom looked like she was going to laugh, "Um... We didn't think about it," my mom said drinking her soda. Shawn sat back up and took a breathe, "Alright. Well, Ross?" He asked looking towards him. Ross was about to take a bite of pasta and he put his fork down and looked at him, "Yes?" Shawn nodded, "Me and you are gonna have a little talk after this, hear me?" He said and Ross nodded, "Yes sir." I almost started laughing. I couldn't help it. I saw Ross's hand on his thigh and he was gripping his pants. He looked as if he was trying to stop himself from showing nervousness. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand and held it. He looked at me and smiled slightly and I nodded and he held my hand back tighter. We sat at the table eating the rest of the meal with our hands holding each other.

After dinner, Ross went with Shawn in the living room and I sat by Ross and I held his hand as they talked. My mom walked in and rolled her eyes when she saw Shawn about to say something, "Shawn! Ross is a good kid, you don't have to worry about it!" she said and Shawn sighed and looked at Ross. Ross sat with his legs crossed and he was still wearing his beanie. Shawn nodded, "If Nicole says you're okay, I'll believe it. But if you hurt Selena, I'll hurt you." Ross nodded, "Yes sir."

I smiled and kissed Ross on his cheek and whispered to him, "It's all good, babe," and he smirked and nodded, "Yep." My mom, Nicole, and along with Shawn and Sierra left the Lynch house and I said I'd leave soon.

I chilled with the lynches and we had a great time that night. It seems like things are looking up.