Chapter 32 "The Winner Is..."

Last Time On Love Me Again/MBFB Sequel

I could feel a tear run down my cheek. This is it. This is my only chance. I gripped Rydel's hand even tighter and said, "Stay strong."

Rydel squinted her eyes, trying to contain any tears. I heard her sigh, "Please god..."

"The winner is..."

Continued...

"The winner is..." the speaker said once again into the mic.

"Brittany, Jasmine and Hilary!" he said loudly as the girls cheered in excitement. My heart dropped and I stormed off the stage. Riker lifted his head up and looked at me as I ran, he yelled for me, "ROSS!" The boys chased after me and Rydel followed. I ran and ran until I reached the highway.

"No point in living now..." I said in my head as I considered throwing my body in front of the next car that comes racing down the interstate. I was about to do it until I felt someone fling their body onto mine. "FUCK!" I yelled in pain as my body hit the pavement.
"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" I heard Rocky yell in my ear. "GET OFF ME!" I yelled. "NO!" he said and pinned me down. "GOD DAMN IT, ROCKY!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Get off him, Rocky, we're all here now," Riker said jogging to us. Rocky got off me and Riker helped me off of the ground. "Ross, it's okay. You don't have to kill yourself. It's going to be okay," he said to me trying to calm me down. I shook my head and felt my tears come out and I yelled,

"NO IT'S NOT! DO YOU NOT REALIZE IT, RIKER? SHE IS GOING TO DIE! IT IS NOT OKAY!" I sat down on the sidewalk and put my face down on my knees. Riker put his hands into his pockets and looked down at the ground. I looked up and saw Rydel with tears. I shook my head, "Rydel! I'm so sorry!" and got off the ground to hug my sister who was probably in more pain than all of us. Rydel nuzzled her head into my chest and she sobbed, "She can't die, Ross! She has to live!" I stroked her head and sighed, "I know." We all stayed in silence and everyone seemed to not have anything to say. We decided to go back to say congrats to Brittany after ten minutes. We tried to contain ourselves. Brittany smiled at us, "Hey guys!"

Riker spoke up, "Hey, we just wanted to say congratulations!" Brittany nodded, "Thank you. We did work pretty hard for this," holding the check. I heard Rydel sniffle and she spoke with her voice cracking,

"Y-Yeah, c-congrats!" she said trying to smile but I knew she couldn't do it. Brittany's smile faded and shook her head, "Are you okay, Rydel?" Rydel nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Brittany walked up to Rydel and looked her in the eyes, "Coming from another girl, I know that is a lie. What's wrong?" she asked. Rydel bit her lip and spoke, "My best friend is going to die." Brittany's eyes went wide and had the word 'shocked' written on her face. Brittany took Rydel into her arms and I was astonished by how comforting Brittany was being. Brittany sighed and took Rydel's hands, "Please explain everything..."

We told her how Selena was pregnant and she needed surgery and this was our only hope. Brittany had a tear run down her cheek as if our story really touched her somewhere in her heart that we didn't even know she had until now. Brittany looked at her friends who were also tearing up. "We're so sorry," Hilary stepped up to say. "We didn't know..." Jasmine tried speaking until Riker interrupted, "It's fine. You guys won fare and square! We are happy for you!" I knew he was lying because of the tear falling from his eyes, onto the pavement. We decided to leave shortly after our grief. I went to Selena and I's apartment and I laid in the bed and cried myself to sleep. I couldn't stand that we didn't win and I couldn't imagine my life without my beautiful girlfriend who I wanted to make my wife someday. I have my heart made up on her and I thought things were finally looking up. My smile fades as I realize I will never have an easy love.
Within hours of my sleep, I woke up to my phone ringing. I answered,

"Hello?"
"Is this Ross Lynch?"
"Y-Yes. Who is this?"
"This is the doctor from the hospital. I need you to come to the hospital as soon as possible."
"Is something wrong?"
"Just come please."

As soon as I ended the call, I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door. I hopped in my car and took off to the hospital and dashed through the doors. I went to the check-in lady and said, "Hi, I'm Ross Lynch! I'm here to see my girlfriend! Where is she?"

She pointed down the hallway and I went down the hallway and found the doctor that was with Selena the past few days. "Mr. Lynch, thank you for coming," he said. "Where is she?!" I asked being very impatient. He pointed to her room...smiling.

"Is she okay?" I asked. "Look for yourself," he said. I walked in and found a girl with long dark hair. She was wearing leggings with a sweatshirt that went down to her knees. She was facing the window and I asked, "Hello?" She turned around and it was... HER!

"Hey Rossy," she smiled with tears in her eyes. I smiled, "Selena! You're alive!"

I ran to her and grabbed her in my arms and hugged her as if I haven't seen her in years. "Yes I am," she said and ran her fingers through my hair and I could feel her smile against my skin. We pulled away and I smiled so big at her and my eyes went wide, "But how?! I didn't get the money..." Suddenly, I heard a voice from behind me, "You're right. But I did."

I turned around and saw... Brittany?

"Brittany? You did this?" I asked. She nodded and walked towards me, "I felt bad. You've been through too much bullshit and I'm very sorry. You deserve to be happy with your own family. I hope this makes up for everything..." she said to me with eyes of sincerity. I smiled and hugged her tight and whispered to her, "Thank you." She whispered back to me, "You're welcome."

I turned back to Selena and went down on my knees and felt her tummy and kissed her stomach, whispering to the baby, "I told you that you would be okay...I love you." I went back up so my eyes met Selena's and I said in my softest voice possible, "And I love you!"

She smiled back at me, "I love you more, Ross," she said. I winked at her and took her into my arms and dipped her, giving her the most passionate kiss I could. She's mine. She will always be mine. I picked her back up and She smiled, "Can we go home now? I'm exhausted."

I nodded, "Yeah... Let's go home..." We linked arms and went out of the hospital doors. Now I can sleep peacefully... all night.

{Author's note:

Hey guys! I'm so happy to be updating! I saw such a great response to the last chapter and I'm so glad to see it! I love y'all so much and I can't wait to see how this book will end. I'm sorry for not updating in a while, I've been busy with school and extra activities that I haven't been able to sit down and write a proper chapter but I'm trying to come back, I promise. I also have been getting bad writer's block so that's a thing. I have a question for you guys now as I always do...

QOTD: "Give me baby names for the baby that Ross and Selena are having so I can have a variety to pick from. The person with the best baby name will, of course, have the baby be named and I will also give them a quick shout out in the chapter when the baby is born."

I recognize usernames all the time and I can picture you guys as my friends. Like... this is so awesome to see you guys in the comments and I feel so loved by each and every one of you! I LOVE YOUUUU!!!!

- Selena xx}