Chapter 30 "Day 3"

\Ross's POV/

I woke up the next day to find me sleeping next to Selena in her hospital bed. She was sleeping so peacefully and I felt her stomach and I could still feel as if the baby was sleeping so safely in her. I smiled to myself and put on my shoes and left to my car and went to Rydel's house as it was almost noon. I must've slept in a bit later than I expected. 

Rydel and the guys were ready to start practicing again. I grabbed my guitar and started practicing the bridge of the song, 

"Let me take your picture, baby,
I'll save it for a rainy day.
I don't need much, 
I guess I'm just old fashioned in that way.
So on the count of three,
let's see you..." 

I remember writing this part. I wrote these lyrics a long time ago but I never really wanted to make it a real song because I wasn't a performer. I was sitting with Selena on the couch and we were watching a movie and all I could do was stare at her beauty and I took a picture of her and she would look at me and say, "Why'd you do that?" and I said, "Just in case I start to miss you and I want to see you... especially in bad times." She kissed me and we took a picture together. 

Right after that happened, I went to writing. I just wrote for myself. But now, I guess it's time to show off what I can do... and what my family's musical abilities are like. My mom called us "R5" all the time so we like to say, "Aye we're R5!" when we go meet new people. 

Back to reality, 

Ratliff took us to the stage where the competition would be after we were done practicing. We saw chairs set up and it looked like a good crowd was going to happen! "We're so going to win guys!" Rocky said smiling. Rocky was always an amazing guitar player. He's very confident. 

Suddenly, we heard a few voices come up from behind us, 

"Um, not to be rude... but we might be the winners this year!" 

We turned around and my jaw dropped. It was Brittany, Hilary and Jasmine! We haven't seen them in forever! They got a bit into trouble with the cops a long time ago when they... shot Riker and... oh my god. 

I started to get heated,

"Brittany?! What are you doing here?! Weren't you girls in jail?!" I asked while stepping forward but Rydel grabbed my arm. Brittany nodded, "Yes. We did. But we got out eventually. My parents paid our bail," she said. Hilary spoke up, "We did some community service as well." 

"Are you guys stable or..." Ryland began to speak. 

I shook my head and grabbed Riker's shoulder,
"You shot Riker and broke into my girlfriend's house. You can't be stable!" 

"I'm surprised you still remember after all these years," Brittany said. I sighed, "Something as big as that can never be forgotten!" Brittany stepped forward and held out her hand to shake my hand. She had a ring on and a few bracelets. "Listen Ross, We have done our time and we have become better people now. We are ready to accept our flaws and try to not have enemies. Please accept us again. I'm sorry about the past but can we please leave it in the past?" I looked at Rydel and she nodded. I always trust my sister and she says that everyone deserves a second chance. I shook Brittany's hand and we shook the rest of the girls's hands. "Fine. But it'll take a long time to become friends. We can be acquaintances. Jasmine looked at Hilary then Brittany then back at us, "We'll do that!" 

Rocky's eyes were fill with confusion and he put his hand up, "Wait, wait! What did you guys say about winning the competition?" 

Hilary laughed, "Oh yeah! We said that we were going to win!" 

Rydel looked at her like she was stupid. I wanted to laugh so hard but I kept it inside. Rydel nodded,
"We know what you said. We just want to know why you say that." 

"We have a girl group and we are pretty good if I do say so myself. We are covering Brittany Spears because well, you know, my name is Brittany and I am the lead singer," Brittany explained. Ratliff laughed and put his arm around Rydel, "Well, we are doing an original song!" Rydel smiled, "Yeah and it's amazing!" 

"Only time will tell. But I wish you guys good luck tomorrow night!" Brittany said. "Who's singing lead?" Jasmine asked. "Well, Riker has the verses and Ross has the bridge and chorus. But we all sing a good amount," Rocky explained to them. Brittany nodded, "Well okay. See you at the competition tomorrow!" she said and walked away with her girls. I rolled my eyes, 

"Guys! We will do great and we will win!" I said with all my confidence in my voice. Rydel hugged me and I hugged back. It was a surprise. I suddenly heard Rydel starting to cry on my shoulder. Her whimpers were so sad to hear. "What's wrong, Delly?" I asked. Rydel whispered, "What if we don't win? What will we do then?" I sighed and rubbed my sister's back and held her close, 

"Don't worry, Rydel, we will win. I hope." 

{Author's note: 

Hey guys! I know this is pretty short but its pretty hard to come up with ideas for the five days. Luckily, the next day will be the competition so it might get more interesting. But just because I want to make you guys happy, I want you to comment what you think should happen and what you would like to read about... 

Q: "Would you rather have R5 win the competition and have everything go right? Or have the girls win and have some BIG plot twist and see what could happen then?" 

My A: "I don't know to be honest because I can write pretty good for both ideas. I think it would be interesting to see what happens if they didn't win. I can't wait to see what my mind comes up with! What do you guys think?"

PLOT TWIST OR NO PLOT TWIST? ;) 

Love you guys! See you in the next chapter!}