♡| Why this Emptiness

Hey everyone, please VOTE the chapter!

Thank you.

*********

Continued From The Past...

Sunrays were falling from the window to 'our' room; the last rays of the setting Sun. The sky was wearing the orange and yellow garment with the hint of red. Colourful feathers of clouds were floating around the sky making it splendid to view.

Sitting beside the huge window I was witnessing this beauty for calming my inner soul which wondered every minute for the justification of his last words since four years.

How I broke his trust was still a mystery to me...

After that night of my arrival here, our last conversation, he never came to see me for once; started to live in some different part of the palace away from my contacts. I never tried to meet him either; as I knew from his eyes that day...

....he doesn't want to see my face anymore...

The amount of hatred and disgust I observed in his blue eyes that night still hunted me every moment for past four years.

I cried every day after that night, but never showed that to world. I made up every possible excuse to cover up this mess for him; took blame for him. At first they believed me and gave me hard looks; but eventually I couldn't save him. They understood; the hard looks from them replaced by pity; specially Rani maa (queen). She was never convinced from the beginning though. She was ashamed by her son's deeds.

Gradually, she started to accompany me; some of my sister-in-law became my friends; told me to fight for him, to get him back; they were very much ready for fighting with me against their own brother. But I refused; I accepted the reality.

You can't force anyone to love you back; bitter truth, it is!

If I had much power before then I would stop this marriage and broke him free. But as a woman, in this society your power was less than a mere insect.

I am helpless..

But gradually, I started to overcome my emotions; tears dried and I became successful for controlling my heart.

But sometimes, in a lonely day when any of them couldn't accompany me, I felt an emptiness in my heart. The feeling of helplessness for not breaking free from this place started to build up into my mind for a short period of time.

The books and the nature became the only sources of my happiness for those moments. They helped me to calm my nerves down.

There was still much light in the nature; though I got up from my seat and started to arrange the pradeeps (lantern made of clay) at their places. It took a bit time to arrange them perfectly. As this room was quite huge and every corner needed to lighten up; I gave a bit more time to decorate the room.

Since I came here I didn't have to do any hard work for this palace apart from talking and accompanying Rani maa (queen) and my sisters-in-law.

But many times I contributed my intellect to help the King for decision making. Unlike my Mother and other women of my birth palace the Rani maa (queen) and others had supported me in those. They respected me that way; the king did care and loved me as well for saving this kingdom in the new British political era.

Thanks to my English speaking skills!

Arranging the pradeeps (lanterns made of clay) on the other sides I came in front of the portrait; placed just beside the window. The portrait of Me and Vikram, after marriage.

It was hand painted portrait made by a very skilled artist. I was wearing red Dhakai Jamdani Sharee (Sharee=Traditional Clothes of India, Dhakai Jamdani= a type of Sharee very much famous in West Bengal, India and Bangladesh) sitting on armchair and Vikram was standing beside me holding a sword wearing a golden Kurta and white Dhoti (Traditional Clothes of India); smiling at the front.

Only we know how much fake those smiles were...

It was just 5 days after our wedding, when we had to give pose to the artist. This portrait was made differently as we never came face to face of each other. I made my portrait separately as him. It was the skill of that artist who conjoined them altogether.

That time I was hiding the truth from the rest of the palace. But somewhere I couldn't convince Rani maa (queen); she saw the the soul of mine and didn't trust my words though she knew me for few days; unlike my childhood friend.

How ironic; isn't!

I chuckled bitterly.

The darkness had started to fall; it was the time of dusk. I looked at the Sun which was just at the horizon; barely visible to my eye sight.

From that day, I came to know about the person, the love of the life of Vikram, Chandrika.

How they met shortly after his coming back from Bilaat (London); how they started to meet frequently; everything I came to know from Rani maa (queen). She never approved her for her son along with the King.

Chandrika was one of the high positioned servants of this palace since when Vikram came back; commonly known for her beauty. I had seen her once in my initial days of this palace. She had long black straight hair reaching to her waist; beautiful feminine body and glowing fair skin; dark brown eyes with long eyelashes.

No wonder why Vikram fell for her instantly!

But we never talked to each other; it was kind of forbidden to me; to us.

The darkness consumed the nature completely; the quarter moon was shining brightly over the sky; full moon was near. I was looking at the silvery moon thinking about my current situation.

When will I be free; when will you be freed, when will we be free from each other?

I wish the day come soon, very soon..

**********

The huge room, decorated with the beautiful pradeeps ( lantern made of clay) in every corner. A tall man wearing white kurta and white Dhoti (Indian traditional clothes for the males) was looking from the outside of the window, at the glowing Moon. His face was thoughtful; hair was perfectly settled on the back of his head; blue eyes were showing the conflict of his mind.

A woman wearing beautiful red Sharee (Indian traditional cloth for females) came to him and leaned her head on his right shoulder, making his lips curved into a smile.

"What happened, my Lord?" She spoke in her sweet raspy voice.

"Nothing Chandrika; just thinking about our life and Father's conflict with us!" He stated; probably lying to her as his eyes fickle of a moment.

"Don't worry, I will make everything right on it's place!" She spoke up again still resting her head on his shoulder.

He looked at her beautiful face thoughtfully.

I am with my love; she is beautiful in every aspect. I love her in the bottom of my heart!

Then why..
.
Why I am not happy? Why my happiness is fading away each day from me?

why this emptiness is in my heart?

He looked back to the outside of the window; from the other part of the palace a woman could be seen. He never knew why he had choosed this room out of many just beside her building.

His eyes rested on her; she was also looking at the Moon, thoughtfully. Moonlight was falling on her; made her face growing bright.

His heartbeats had quicken slightly; making his eyes more conflicted and confused of this sudden act in his body.

**********

Hey guys I hope you have enjoyed this chapter.
Please don't forget to vote and make comments.
I will wait for those!
Love you all!
Sumi96
♡♡♡♡