♡| Memories of You Make Me Alive

Hey everyone, please VOTE the chapter!

Thank you!

**********************

Continued From the Past....

Another day had passed from my life waiting for you. Days were passing like sand from hands and my patience for meeting with you getting stronger every moment.

It had been four years now; since we had met with each other at our 'Golden Place'. After that day, I didn't go there; couldn't go there as I became a prisoner of this Palace; didn't want to go there as you were not with me.

In these four years, many things had changed. I became more taller; my chest became bigger like my other sisters and Mother; my waist became curvier; my wavy black hair became longer and reached to my waist.

I learned wearing Sharee properly now. Recently, a new style of wearing Sharee gained popularity, doing a wavy pattern in the from of the Sharee, from the belly. I started to wear more colourful Sharees with colourful blouses; now my shade in front of my face didn't get slipped like before.

I have become an expert in it and never fall on the ground now; Vikram when you will come don't be surprised!

I smiled at my thoughts looking at the blue sky from the window of my room.

There were white clouds floating above the blue sky; the Sun was playing hide and seek with the nature; it's rays were falling in some parts passed though the clouds and in some parts the shadows of the white clouds were taking place.

The beautiful odour of Coral Jasmine was everywhere; the Asian Pigeonwings had been bloomed in our garden at the North East corner.

In this season of Autumn, today was Mahalaya (A part of the biggest Bengali festival Durga Puja); the sculpture artist had already drawn the eyes of Maa Durga (Godess Durga) by now.

The palace was being decorated; the dusting and cleaning were going on every part of it. The temple of the palace had been cleaned already waiting for Maa Durga's arrival there.

In these four years after you had gone my world started to revolve around my Rose plants; the only source of my independence and happiness both were them.

I know how much you hate Roses, but still I want to tell you when you will come!

I laughed out remembering his frowned face whenever I used to talk about my plants in front of him.

"You should marry your Roses one day!"

My smile reached to the eyes. I looked at the book which was on my lap, opened and beneath my two hands.

The maroon Sharee with white linings was spread over the matrix on which I had sat. Few days ago, my middle sister told me that this colour suited me with my skin complexion; though I was not as fair as her.

I also want to show you this, Vikram!

Vikram, I had continued my learning after your leaving. Little by little, I started to read Sanskrit books, Gita, Ramayana and Mahabharata ( the Indian Books about Hindu Religion, first one; Mythologies, last two).

I started to read bengali books also and started learning English sentences from the newspapers which I took secretly after the men of the palace read completely.

Thank you so much for giving me those books for learning English Alphabet, Vikram!

Mother was very much angry when she caught me reading those few days ago. But Father supported me and told her about the Guru Mahashaya, Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar. How he was fighting for the women education and changing the societal system of women. On the other hand, my middle brother Hiran also supported me in my education; he was the one who gave me the books of that respected person to learn Bengali language as it was newly scripted.

After this incident I didn't have to sneak out for the English newspaper; Hiran brought that to me directly.

I miss our days of learning together very much..

The moments we spent together; when we used to play 'catch me if you can', 'hide and seek', blind folder' we used to jump on the ground; ran holding each other's hands tightly; watched birds, climbed up trees; watched egg hatching of the birds, all of these were the beautiful treasures of my childhood, my life.

I recalled our last meeting; how you hold my hands when I was crying, the warmth of your hands; how your blue eyes were sparkling when you made that promise to me. Those made my cheek heated, heartbeat quicken; lips smiled.

For many days, these thoughts were making me wonder.

What is this excitement, Vikram? Is it normal to feel? Do you feel the same? Why I have never felt this before, four years back?

I wanted to ask you these; even thought of writing letters to you in English.

For surprising you!

But I couldn't bring my courage to write it.

What if it never reaches to you? What if it reaches to someone else's hands?

No, I didn't want to disclose my feelings to anyone else; those were only for you.

Only when you will come back I am going tell you!

I looked back to the outside world through my window; watching the shapes of the white cotton-like clouds.

Only the memories of you make me alive now..

I had kept my words of you, Vikram.

I am waiting for you...

Have you kept your promise? Do you still remember me, Vikram?'

*************

At the Same Time in A Building, London.

A boy of his early adulthood, wearing white night suit was sitting beside the window, looking at the sky.

The moonrays were falling on his blues and made visible the sparkles of the emotion of longing ness into those.

The sky of London usually remained cloudy. But tonight was different; quarter moon was shining brightly above the sky; though few clouds were floating around.

He was holding a leather purse into left hand; whereas other one had engaged with a piece of folded paper, quite old one. He was rubbing it, his face seemed thoughtful.

He turned his face from the outside world to the paper which he was holding. A small smiled placed on his lips. He opened the folds and picked it near his face; the moon beams were falling on it; those two beautiful blue eyes were watching the lines drawn on the paper; a Sanskrit letter.

The first letter written by her unskilled hand...

He kept it since then.

I hope that you have kept your promise, Devarati!

He looked at the gray sky again; the whole building was silent as everyone was resting on their bed to recharge their body for the next day.

Only the memories of you make me alive now!

Devarati, please wait for me...

***********

Unknowingly, both of them were thinking about each other at the same time.

The stars of their destiny were smiling at them from the sky; scripting their fate for the near future...

************

Hey guys I hope you have enjoyed this chapter!
Please don't forget to vote and make comments.
I am eagerly waiting for those!

Love you all!
Sumi96
♡♡♡♡♡