Chapter 56

The wedding was going perfectly fine and I was so happy that finally I get to call Michael my husband.
After the not-so-serious part of the ceremony, we had our first dance as an official couple. It was so much fun. It was getting dark a bit but the fairy lights that was already stationed round the location gave us the much needed light we required.
We took a lot of pictures and I can say that I haven't had such fun in a long while. I looked around and saw everyone smiling and rejoicing; I felt really fulfilled. This was more than I had asked for and I felt so happy to be surrounded by these people.
Soon enough, it was time for everyone to eat and we had prepared a place for that too but before eating, I wanted to break the news to everyone about my pregnancy.
I stood up from my chair which was right beside Michael's and decided to break the ice. Smiling with happiness bursting through my heart, I started;
"On behalf of my husband and I, I want to first of all thank everyone that is here presently to celebrate with us. It still feels unbelievable to say that word; my husband but I'm keeping him-
Everyone laughed at that
"...that is not the main point of this announcement and I'll just go straight to the point. This is a surprise for my husband."
I turned to him and said;
"Baby, we are having a baby"
Amidst congratulations and clapping, Michael stood up and kissed me several times.
"Are you serious princess?"
I nodded unable to bring out words from my mouth.
He touched my still flat tummy and bent down to kiss it. When he came back up, my life was changed forever.....

Playlist for this part of the chapter:
1. My heart will go on instrumental
2. Sad song We The Kings ft. Elena Coats
3. Supermarket flower Ed Sheeran
4. Memories Maroon 5
5. We're in heaven (slow)
6. See you again Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth

I heard the sound after it had gone straight into his stomach. I was in shock; I couldn't move, couldn't think, couldn't process anything but the ringing in my ears as I watched my dream come alive.
It was when he dropped down to the ground that I got back my senses. I dropped to the floor with him trying to stop the bleeding.
"Somebody call 911"
"Baby please stay with me"
That's all I kept screaming and shouting.
It wasn't until my gaze fell on a shadow that I looked up and saw Christian.
My eyes were already drenched in tears but I could make out his shape.
"Why Chris? Why would you do this to me? Why?"
His face was hardened but I saw his eyes glossy and red like he had been drinking and crying at the same time. His clothes were dirty I caught a whiff of his scent- alcohol.
He drank before coming here.
"Char, I-I will always love you and I c-couldn't stand t-t-the t-thought of not being with you. I-I lost it the moment you told me you were getting m-married. I-I couldn't find my drugs that was prescribed to me. I-I spent my entire life s-searching for you just to find out you were getting married. I-I'm so s-sorry but I l-love you"
He was staggering still with the gun with his hands and when I thought he was going to shoot me, he shot himself in his head and his blood splashed on me.
I couldn't stop screaming; I looked at Michael and he was coughing up blood.
"Baby please stay with me. Don't leave me please; don't leave us. I'll do anything but just stay with me"
I was holding his hands tightly in mine while crying profusely; my once white gown had turned to a deep red with his blood.
He coughed before he started talking;
"My princess *cough cough* I will always be *cough* with you. I love our baby already. You are a really strong woman and I would like you to carry on being that. I'm sorry that we have to part this way but don't ever forget our love because it is real."
He released his hands from my tight grip and raised it shakily to my cheeks to wipe off the tears that were rushing down like a stream.
"Don't cry baby, I'll always be with you"
He motioned for me to come closer and he planted a sloppy kiss on my mouth.
This was too much for me to handle.
I heard the sound of the ambulance and I willed Michael to remain strong. I really did; I tried all I could.
My emotions were everywhere when I couldn't feel his pulse again and his eyes closed. The last thing he saw was me crying.
I couldn't believe it; I was mad.
Where the hell were the security guards? Why did something have to go wrong? Why wasn't I the one dying instead of Michael? Why must everyone I love die? Why is this always happening to me?
This was too much and I had hit rock bottom. I wept my soul out and struggled with the paramedics as they declared him dead and took him away. I screamed at him to wake up or move a part of his body. I was covered in his blood; my husband's blood on our wedding day.
He died in my arms and I couldn't do anything about it. Two people died right in front of me. I was broken.
A seemingly perfect day ended in chaos. I didn't notice Olivia and Rafael trying to comfort me. I couldn't feel anything but the sound of the gunshot hitting Michael in his stomach.
My face, the sand, my dress all coloured red.
I wanted to surprise him but I was I was surprised in the end by this terrible happening.
My mum, my dad and now Michael. Who would be next? I didn't want to find out.
I was pregnant with a child who wouldn't even meet its father.
How did I end up like this? What did I ever do to this world?
Memories of us flashed before my eyes- how we met, the times we spent together, the proposal, our first time together, the engagement party, our wedding, his vows, our pictures, the baby we made together- he wouldn't even see his child grow up....I wouldn't see him again. He would just be all that; memories of my past.
This was all there was to my love story- lost and that's how I felt.

THE END
We have come to the end lovelies; who saw Michael's death coming?
As much as I wouldn't like to disappoint those who wanted Charlotte to be happy, I couldn't disappoint myself. The title is lost love after all.
I had this ending all planned out in my head the moment I started writing this book.
The book isn't supposed to have a happy ending. I'm sorry if you were disappointed.
The whole point of this book is to show that love though beautiful sometimes doesn't end well. I hope I depicted that well.
So yes that's it lovelies. We've come to the end of the journey for this story.
I decided to publish this chapter today because on this day 2 years ago I started this story.
It's been a rough ride; not so easy. Sometimes I felt like giving up and just throwing in the bucket but I emerged a winner because finally, I'm done with this book.
Y'all have no idea how happy I am to have completed my first writing project but this isn't the end though of my writing career, more goodies for you guys.
Ife♥️