Chapter 42

I was still in my PJs and honestly I didn't feel like changing. I felt like crap and I wanted Micheal to know that he hurt me so with my bed nest hair and my PJs which consisted of a camisole and short shorts stained with snort and ice cream, I wore my fluffy slides and started down the staircase. I got to the living room and met it dark; the blinds were not yet drawn and the lights were not on making it dark.
"Micheal?" I called. I looked around but could barely make out anything. I saw a movement from the corner of my eye and got scared.
I moved closer to the light switch to turn on the light while still calling out to Micheal.
He had better not be playing a prank on me.
As I turned it on and turned back, the sight I met was something else. The whole living room had been transformed- instead of the main lights, there were twinkling lights connected to the main lights shining casting a warm glow to the place. The couches had been moved aside to leave a very big space in the middle but all that wasn't what stopped me in my tracks. It was the sight of pink balloons floating in every corner of the room that caught my attention and right in the center of the living room, there were petals of white roses arranged to form a question; "Will you marry me?" Next to the question mark was Micheal kneeling down with an open ring box in his hands looking at me with hopeful eyes. I was rooted in my spot, I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I couldn't do anything but to stare at him.
He stood up and walked towards me placing the ring box in his pocket. He took my hands in his and caressed them talking softly but loud enough for me to hear;
"Charlie baby, I know all these might be overwhelming for you and you might think it's too soon but I can't think of any other person to spend my life with. I love you so much Charlie; the way your eyes light up when you are happy, the beautiful smile on your lips, the way you scrunch up your nose when you are confused, the cute way you curl up in a ball when you start sleeping and by the next morning your legs have already taken up the whole bed space, the, the soft fragrance of your perfume...I can keep on mentioning everything I love about you but it still doesn't qualify your essence. I fell in love with your character- you are loving, kind, sweet, hardworking, honest although you can be a little hardheaded but that's what makes you who you are. I wouldn't trade you for anything and anybody in the whole world. I love how you correct me when I'm going the wrong way and that's love- directing in the right way and one more thing Charlie; I would never cheat on you. I know you are adamant about what you heard but it was clearly a misconception. I've been planning this proposal for a while now and that's why I've been so weird. I didn't want you going through my phone and discovering what I had planned. I initially wanted us to travel down to Los Angeles to meet my parents and then the proposal but after what happened this morning I didn't want to lose you especially when you thought I was cheating. I was on the phone with my mum and I was trying to explain to her that you are already getting suspicious and that I was gonna see her soon which meant that we were gonna go together and I told her I love you after we were done talking. After our argument, I called them to brief them about the change in plans that I was gonna propose to you here then bring you over tomorrow. They are all excited to see you babe. After the phone call I went out to prepare all these; I would never ever cheat on you my love
Nothing would make me so happy than for you being the mother of my kids and them calling you mum 'cause I know you would be a great mum".
He released my hands after his heartfelt speech and wiped the straying tears that were seeping out of my eyes. He brought out the ring box again and went back to his position beside the question mark; going down on one knee, he asked me the question- would you marry me Charlotte Smith?
Everywhere was so beautiful and I felt really touched- the sight of the white roses did that and his heartwarming speech. I can't believe I thought he cheated on me- I got so ahead of myself there. I was really happy; he wants to really get married to me.
My feet moved on their own accord and stood directly in front of him. I nodded yes too dazed to speak and watched with tears flowing down my eyes as he slid the ring unto my ring finger and kissed me twirling me around.
As soon as he dropped me down I noticed some other people in the room clapping and taking pictures. I looked around and saw several people from work; it wasn't until people started congratulating me that I realized I was still in my PJ's- not even a neat one but the very one that had been stained. I was so embarrassed; I had been proposed to in my PJ's and several people were in the room taking pictures.
I quickly excused myself trying to stop the heat that flooded my face and went upstairs to change. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and I resembled a bloated cow if there is actually any like that. My face was so puffy and red due to all the crying I had done today, my hair was rough and just everywhere with pieces of chips stuck in it and I'm sure my breath was stinking. I reeked of sweat and sticky in places I couldn't even imagine because of Ice cream.
I removed my clothes and dumped them in a pile on the floor. I brushed my teeth and got rid of all the chips in my hair. I stepped into the shower and scrubbed every part of my body clean. My towel was in the room so I just walked back in to get some clean clothes to wear.
I walked in and for the second time today, I stopped in my tracks- can this just stop happening? My heart can't take anymore surprises.
Micheal was in the room just laying on the bed in just his sweatpants. As the bathroom door opened, he turned and our eyes met eachother before his roamed down. I know we were dating but we've never actually seen each other naked- we had never crossed that line.
I didn't know what to do than just to stand there. He eyes frantically met mine again and he started stuttering;
"I-I-I t-told the g-g-guests to go home; I figured you were tired so I planned another party tomorrow a-a-and I-I wanted us to spend the night s-so I stayed over" he finished off by scratching his neck.
I nodded not knowing what to do and just grabbed my towel. The moment I grabbed it was the same time Micheal also grabbed it. Immediately, the temperature in the room dropped and it became hot all of a sudden.
Micheal pulled me to himself and whispered into my ears;
"You are freaking beautiful" before capturing my lips in his own..........

What are you thoughts on this chapter- too emotional, sweet, steamy😜, romantic???? Comment below...just so you know, the next chapter is gonna be ........🤐 Read and find out😉
I remain yours; xoxo....Ife
P.s; just before I forget, any romantic song for the proposal??? I came up blank so if you have any suggestions don't forget to mention it in the comment box down below...and vote too yo