Chapter 20

Its been two years since dad and I relocated to Paris and honestly I loved it here. It took a while to get a hang of the language but I got it and I'm loving it.
I got a job as an accountant in one of the big firms in Paris and the pay is good. Although my job landed me an apartment I'm not ready to leave dad all alone in our house by himself. He has been showing signs of illness; complaining of multiple headaches, body pain and numbness. I'm scared to leave him all alone. Although he says its nothing; I'm still concerned, my dad is my everything
He doesn't eat much and he coughs a lot. I advised him to see a doctor but he has been pretty reluctant saying he would get better and its nothing.
One night after dinner, I heard the sound of glass breaking downstairs and I rushed down to see what's wrong.
I saw dad on the floor jerking while holding his head with his face squeezed in agony. He looked like in a lot of pain.
"Dad, dad, what's wrong?" I asked rushing over to him
I knelt down beside him and noticed he was shaking
"Dad what's wrong?" I asked with tears streaming down my face.
I quickly stood up to call the ambulance and ran back to him, assuring him that everything would be okay
Minutes later the ambulance came and we were off to the hospital. I had to stay in the waiting room for them to stabilize him and run some tests.
In all my confusion as to what would have happened to him I didn't notice anyone in front of me trying to get my attention until I felt a tap. I looked up and saw a doctor.
"How is he doctor? Will he be okay? Did you figure out what was wrong? Can I see him?" I asked shakily
"His condition is balanced now and you would be able to see him in a bit but I need you to come to my office now"
"Is everything okay?" I asked worry seeping into my voice
"Everything is fine ma'am you just need to follow me to my office "
With great fear, I followed him to his office and sat down
"Ma'am are you Mr Smith only family? I think you need to get his closest relatives before I deliver my news"
I ignored the faint pain in my chest as I told him I was his only family left.
"Alright then. Your dad has stroke and I must tell you, its pretty serious, he might not make it"
The doctor's other words faded into oblivion as I heard dad might not make it. No one to talk to, no one to tell how I really feel. I feel like my whole world crumbling on me.
After mum died my dad was the next person so close to me and now I'm hearing the news that he might not make it because of stroke.
How had I not noticed the signs? The constant headaches and weakness were all glaring to me now. Had I been so busy that I did not know something was wrong?
"Can I see him please?"
I followed the doctor to the room where dad was admitted into and saw him looking so frail.
"We've given him some drugs to reduce his headaches. His condition is stable now and he's resting. If there's anything you need, you know my office" the doctor said patting me on my shoulder before walking out
I moved from my standing position to the chair beside his bed gently tracing the outlines on his face with one hand while the other was holding his hand.
My mind went back to when mum was in the hospital and how she never survived and I found myself questioning dad's survival. The doctor already said he might not make it. As much as I tried to hold my tears at bay, I couldn't; I can't lose mum and then dad too. I barely coped when mum died, I don't think I would be able to survive if dad dies.
"Dad please don't leave me. You are the only one I have left" I whispered quietly

Guyssss....I'm so so sorry for the long wait; like I'm really really sorry....I'm in school and my schedule is really tight- lectures, assignments, rehearsals, presentations and other things...I'm really sorry for making you guys wait for a long time
I don't have time for myself but I'll try to fit in time to update btw the book is gradually coming to an end just a couple of chapters more and it will be officially over
Thanks for your continual understanding...don't forget to hit the vote button...love you so much my supporters and lovely readers...
......xoxo