Chapter fourteen

Chapter 14

"Rose I have to ask Emma something." Beau said again. I finally found the words to talk.

"It's me, Beau." I whispered. He stared at me. "Emma? Your hair. You'd never cut your hair all the way off." He said surprised, still gaping at me.

I was close to tears. "I don't know what happened. I didn't want to have my hair like this. The hair dresser just cut it all off."

"Who was with you?" Beau asked seriously, pulling me into his arms. "Rose." I mumbled. "She got hair extensions."

Beau gritted his teeth. "Rose got hair extensions?" I slowly nodded. "She must look exactly like you did." I nodded again.

Beau stroked my short hair and I laid my head on his chest. At least he was my friend and he didn't care about my hair. Right?

Joe's POV

The door opened and there was Emma. She looked beautiful. She wore a dress I sworn I had seen on Rose before. Maybe it was just me? I never paid that much attention to clothes and girls liked to swap a lot. Especially sisters.

"Hey." I said calmly. Today was the day I was going to tell Emma about my mistake with Rose.

"Hi." She simply said, sitting next to me on the couch. She looked at me. What was that in her eye? She looked different in a way. I shrugged it off. It was probably nothing.

"I have to tell you something." I think my whole relationship with Emma depended on this moment. How would she react? I wanted to tell her myself before Caspar would do it.

"Okay. Go on." She said. I was so nervous. I made a mistake and there was a chance I would lose her.

"When you were away on your book signing tour, I made a mistake." I couldn't think of another way to say it. She just nodded, still looking at me.

"I missed you so much and then Rose lived here and she looked so much like you. One thing led to another and I slept with her." I said, holding my breath and watching her reaction.

I expected her to blow up, to hit me, to scream at me, to cry.

All my expectations were wrong. Emma stayed calm.

"Thank you for telling me Joe." She said. I gaped at her. She was staying calm. I had seen Emma have several panic and anxiety attacks, Emma wasn't the one to just stay calm.

Maybe she changed.

"I really appreciate you being honest with me." She said and kissed my cheek. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her properly, happy she wasn't angry at me.

She kissed me back. I had missed feeling Emma's lips against mine. I had forgotten what it felt like. In my memory it was different but maybe that was just me.

-

I woke up with a beautiful girl next to me. A naked beautiful girl. I grinned to myself. I think me and Emma were on fire last night.

I watched her sleep. She was so beautiful. Maybe if I was lucky, she could make me breakfast. Normally she would be up before me. Maybe I wore her out. I chuckled to myself.

Emma stirred. Not waking up, but definitely reacting to the sound of my voice. God, she was so beautiful.

Emma's POV

I woke up. I instantly remembered what happened last night. I had to talk to someone. Caspar. I needed to see him. He was probably at his house. It meant I was also able to see Joe.

With that in my mind, I took a short shower, tried to do something with my hair and put on some makeup before dressing in my vertical striped dress and my combat boots.

Once in my car, I drove to Caspar's place. I didn't even have to knock on the door. Caspar had given me a key.

I opened the door and I looked around. Clothes everywhere. I chuckled. Caspar decided to take a girl home?

I looked closer to the clothes and sucked in a breath. Rose wore that shirt yesterday. I remembered because I completely fell in love with it once I saw it on her.

I went to Caspar's room to see him still sleeping. I shrugged and decided to make him some breakfast. I wondered where the girl was he had been sleeping with.

I was making pancakes. They were easy and everyone liked them.

While adding the milk, a quick thought came into my mind.

What if it wasn't Caspar who slept with someone but Joe? I quickly shook my head.

No. Joe would never do that to me. He loved me. He had told me that several times.

"Rose what are you doing in my kitchen?" I turned around to see Caspar standing there.

I bit my lip. Even my best friend thought I was Rose. I couldn't blame them. Rose and I looked exactly alike.

"It's Emma." I whispered. Caspar stared at me and then shook his head. "I'm not buying your psychotic talk anymore. You hurt my fucking best friend and you're going to pay for it." Caspar said through gritted teeth.

I tried hard not to cry and picked my phone out of my pocket and did the only thing I could think of.

I called Caspar.

"You stole her phone?" He shouted at me and I flinched. Why was he yelling at me?

"Fine. Then tell me something only Emma could know." He said. I had to think about this.

"ik denk dat Nederlands praten al genoeg zegt toch? Zonder Frans accent." I said. (I think talking Dutch is already enough right? Without a french accent)

Caspar blinked and hugged me. "I don't really know what you said but I know it's you. What happened to your hair and why does Joe think you're here?" I blinked.

"Wait. What? Joe knew I was coming? I didn't tell anyone." I said confused. Caspar shook his head. "I mean, with him. In his bed." I opened my mouth but closed it again. yet again, I didn't know what to say.

Suddenly, Joe and Rose stumbled into the kitchen. Joe had Rose over his shoulder.

"Since when do you know how to co- what's Rose doing here?" Joe asked, glaring at me.

"That's Emma." Caspar said simply. Joe shook his head. "This is Emma. Right here in my arms." That's when everything was too much.

I ran off. Once again. I ran off.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sorry sorry! Busy life. Ugh. Anyways. I updated and I have a huge plan for this story :)

Right now. The questions.
A. Emma's reaction, overreacting?
B. What about Rose?
C. Joe?
D. Hate me?

Let's say 35 votes and 15 comments before I update again.