Day 21- Sacrifice

Authors Note: So, the end is approaching! Please check out the sequel, Behind The Mask and thank you for sticking with me and the story! :3 Wow, I am so emotional. Anyway, who will die today??

P.s YOU WILL NEED TISSUES

Caleb's P.O.V

~~~~Day 21- Sacrifice~~~~

"Anything," I said instantly, "I'll do anything to save her, tell me!" My voice was so desperate it hurt. I loved her so much and I didn't want it to be too late, especially since we were just getting started. Meredith smiled, a warm smile and I was surprised at her evilness; she appeared to be like one of those loving grans. But hey, looks can be deceiving. "Are you sure, Caleb, anything seems very powerful." She asked, her voice wan. I glared at her, and my wolf growled deeply inside of me.

"Of course! I love her!" I told her coldly, holding Willow in my arms, "And hurry, she's losing blood!" I added, checking Willow's pulse in concern.

Meredith let out a girlish torrent of giggles, making me clench my jaw in annoyance at her lack of care. "Oh, Caleb, you are in a hurry." She said smiling, "Now, hmn. Could I remember how to save her?" She wrung her hands together in mock concern. "Oh yes!" She 'remembered'.

"I will kill you, no matter how old and innocent you appear to look, Meredith. Tell me now, I am in NO mood for games." I warned her coldly.

"Fine." She snapped, her amiable facade gone in an instant. "I've tried playing nice, but no. You should be so lucky I'm even telling her, after all she killed my mate the bitch." Her face was screwed up in loss and anger, but it suddenly went calm. "I lost myself for a moment, apoligies." She said coolly. "To save your loved one, turn her. Into a wolf, like you. But by doing so, you need a willing sacrifice who will give up their life for her. They also have to be a wolf." A sacrifice?

"Take me, I'll sacrifice myself." I said instantly.

"My dear, did I forget to mention?" She said, with a crazed smile, "No mates allowed. That's the beauty of it."

"Did you forget, I'm an Alpha?" I said between clenched teeth. "Leon!" I bellowed.

"Yes, Caleb?" Leon replied, having come to see what I wanted, Marisa at his side.

"I am so sorry, but you have to understand. I order you to become a willing sacrifice for my mate." I said, my voice holding the tone that could not be disobeyed.

"NO!" A soft croak interrupted. Willow.

"Hush, my lovely," I pleaded, staring into her beautiful eyes I had not noticed before.

"Please, don't make Marisa lose her mate. Don't become a murderer like me," A solitary tear slid down her face slowly, and I brushed it away with my thumb.

"I am not going to let you die, I love you." I told her regretfully.

"And I am not going to let you kill my mate!" Marisa cut in coldly, and I saw her usually royal blue eyes harden into an ice blue.

"You have no say in the matter!" I replied, "I know you must be feeling very angry and hurt, but I am not going to let my mate die! Leon is my beta, he will follow my instructions."

"I am not a willing sacrifice, Cal, you can't order me to be. You can order me to die for her, but I can't make myself want it." Leon cut in softly.

I would not let my mate, whome I love die so easily.

"You will do this! Under the order of the Alpha I order you to willingly sacrifce yourself" I demanded, watching Leon wince at the authority in the tone.

"I will not let you!" Marisa hissed, "Thalia! It's time!" With her vampire strength, she managed to scoop Leon up in her arms, and will Thalia in tow, they sprinted away, soon a blur in the distance.

I heard a giggle. Meredith. I had forgotton about her.

"So, I guess she won't make it." She pointed out, smiling at me her pointed teeth glinting.

"Then neither will I."

With that, I took the dagger gently into my hands and let Willow fall slightly to the ground. I kissed her forehead, "I love you," I told her softly. I placed the dagger on her heart, and pierced it, watching beads of blood taint the metal and I watched her breath stop still. Tears pricking my own eyes, I laid down beside her and took my own life willingly.

I heard Meredith whisper, "Revenge is sweet." Before I became nothing.

~~~~The End~~~~

Behind The Mask:

Thalia is on the run, with the mated couple Marisa and Leon and she hates it. The love, the sweetness. She misses her own mate whome she killed after having her own heart broken to many times to be fixed. But then comes along a second chance mate; something she has only heard whispered rumours about. Will she accept him, or keep on punishing herself forever?

Thank you all for sticking with me, dedication to Jay as we were both so close to the end :)