Day 3- Lies

~~ Day 3- Lies~~

A week passed, then a month. My scars were gradually healing and my mum decided I should go back to School- which I was dreading of course. "Come on, my brave girl, you can do this," She chided as she stopped the car outside the gates. I hoisted my bag onto my soldier and got out reluctantly, "Later." Was all I could mumble. She watched me from her car window anxiously, so I shot her a nervous smile.

"You're back, then?" A snide voice asked. Amber. I shivered at the sound of her voice in terror, I nodded slowly, "I'll keep my mouth shut." I promised quietly, my voice barely a mere whisper. She nodded, "Never tell him, or anyone, what you CAN do, however, is tell Cal you're over. Tell him you saw everything that night- make shit up. I don't, to be frank, give a shit about you. Now. Put an eyelash out of line you won't live to regret it." She threatened coolly. Then raised her voice, "Cal suggested that we do it. I'm sorry!" She whined and wailed. I shrugged blankly, "We're done, Cal and I, you're free to him." I said visibly saddened. I heard footsteps behind me,"Willow? Thank God, I was getting worr- WHO THE FUCK DID THAT TO YOUR FACE?" He bellowed suddenly. I flinched, "Doesn't matter." I mumbled, "We're over. Not your concern, I knew you were with Amber. Feel free, now." I muttered. Cal looked aghast, his complexion paling. "Willow, darling, please!" He a argued swiftly, "Let me explain." I looked into his eyes I had once fallen in love with. "We're over." Was my reply.

"There's someone waiting for you." My mum instructed, peering out of the window revealing Cal. I blinked, panicking. "I don't want to talk to him! Send him away!" I exclaimed almost angrily. She raised her eyebrows, startled. "Okay! Whoa, Willow..." She muttered, going to the door. I bit back tears and raced upstairs before I could hear his voice. "NO! Come back here! NOW!" I heard my mum shout, I gave a pained whimper and bolted to my room. However, Caleb was faster and pushed past me; locking the door behind us."Go away." I whispered, not daring to meet his eyes. He looked at me sadly, "What happened to you?" He asked softly, his face worried. I shook my head numbly, still staring at the floor. "You don't care, do you? Go ask Amber, your girlfriend why don't you?" I snapped back quietly. He gave a soft sigh, his face crumpling, "I'm so sorry. I have guy needs, Willow and I didn't want to push you for them... Amber was there and I just... I'm sorry..." He explained bitterly. I shrugged, uncaring. "I don't care," I replied, "We're over. We can never be together so please leave." I told him blankly. He sat down on my bed, gazing at me with such passion I had to turn away. "What happened? Who hurt you?" He wanted to know.

"You don't care." I said at last, my voice breaking at the end. I winced, I hadn't meant to sound so forlorn. "You love her. You will never love me." For some reason, tears were pouring down my face, streaming like a river. "GO!" I screamed, my voice high pitched. "Just go..." He looked sadly at me, his face a picture of regret. "Amber did this, didn't she." He said, stating it not asking it. I winced, adding to his views, "I'm sorry." He said, dropping to knees. "I am so sorry." He got up, and looked straight at me. "I will sort this, you are the one I love and I will prove it." He got up, and left suddenly, his face incensed. I began to tremble with fear. I heard the door slam, and my mum mumble in annoyance. "You okay, Hun?" She shouted up. I nodded numbly, without realizing she couldn't see me. When I had, my voice was weak . "Sure" I lied.

I walked down the street, head down. It was my first time out, I wouldn't have gone but mum needed me to get her milk. I was scared shitless in case Amber came and punished me. I knew she would. I turned a corner, and bumped into someone. "I am so sorry..." I mumbled, not looking up, trying to walk on. The person stopped me, their hands firm and almost vindictive. "Oh, you will be." Amber. I looked up in fear, "I swear, I never said anything! Please..." I implored. She cocked her head, thinking for a moment. "Lies." She said cruelly, "And I said if you told anyone what I would do. So don't lie, or it will be worse. Now... What did you say?" She said slowly, relishing it; yet with a fury she had not possessed when she had tortured me. "Nothing." I squeaked, my voice oozing fear. She shook her head almost disappointed. "More lies," She said almost sadly, moving closer toward me. I backed up, my back hitting the wall. Amber smiled at this, and reached forward to caress a scar. Without warning she somehow extended her nails and ripped them across my face. I screamed out in sudden pain and fear, causing her to slap my face and shove her hand across my mouth. "Quiet! You stupid human!" She spat, causing my face to get sprayed with her spittle. Already, I knew I was somehow safe; I could almost feel my rescue coming. Was this the mate bond? I wondered, my thought hopeful. But alas, Amber had other ideas. She threw me to the ground, kicking my ribs causing a cracking sound and me to gasp for the breath that would not come. She smashed her heel into my face, then repeatedly kicked and thumped my torso and body. The blackness consumed me, but I heard an anguished cry. I knew, I knew I was going to be safe... At last...