Day 16- Why?

Author's Note: Wow guys, I cannot believe how successful this is becoming! It is currently #64 in the short stories section. Thank you so much for the increasing amount of support and the help with this. As a little treat, (Or at least I'll hope you shall enjoy it x3) I am doing a (hopefully) extra long chapter in Caleb's POV because many people want him dead. But is he really that much of a jerk? Read on to find out ;) Cheers! -Parker

~~~~Day 16- Why?~~~~

Caleb's POV *Yay*

I was somehow uneasy about meeting Marisa and Thalia at the local cafe. Willow and I were at the pack house in my room and she had just changed. She smiled at me, her face sweeter than an angel, her smile purer then then diamonds. **I don't know if they're pure just go along with it okay!** "Cal?" She murmered softly, snuggling into my protective arm. I smiled down at her, her eyes were lit up with a radiance of being loved, of being with a mate.

"Yes, Willow?" I replied softly, leaning into her.

"Cal, even though you've done a hell of a lot of bad deeds... I love you." She whispered unsurely.

I blinked.

This was the moment I had been dreaming of, so why couldn't I say 'I love you too' back? For some reason, Marisa's dark captivating eyes flashed in my mind. Huh?

"Caleb?" She muttered, her voice hurt.

I ran a hand through my hair, unsure how to respond.

"Cal, you don't have to say it back... Not until you mean it, okay? I don't mind. I just wanted you to know that I love you." She muttered softly, her eyes cast downward.

I bit my lip, unsure still how to respond. So I just replied with,. "OKay." This caused a flash of pain and rejection to flit through her eyes. I didn't know why I was feeling like this, I had loved Willow for so long and had tried to reject her but had failed. Her saying she loves me was music to my ears, so why did it not feel right? And why was I wishing it was Marisa saying it instead?

There must be something in the water. (A saying, but do you get it xD)

Willow's POV

There was only one word to describe how I was feeling. Hurt. I thought he would be pleased I had forgiven his ways, and accepted him. I didn't mind that he couldn't say 'I love you' back, I agree that would be a huge step, but I wanted him to know. I was just astounded at how distant his eyes were, once so full of passion for me. What had happened? Did I have bad breath? I discreetly blew and smelt my breath- to me it smelt okay, but I took some gum out of my bag and chewed on it just in case.

"We better set off to meet Marisa and Thalia." Cal's calm, sincere voice shocked me and I started.

"Sure...." I nodded, my voice soft and confused.

Cal ran a hand through his messy, blonde hair and smiled to me slowly. "It'll be okay, Willow...." He said softly, before moving off the bed to collect his wallet and phone. I nodded to him, when his back was turned, I really hoped so. I got up as well, and took my bag and put it on my shoulder.

"Right, lets go and meet them, then." I agreed, moving toward the door.

~~~At the Cafe~~~

"Right. Lets act normal, okay?" Cal murmered into my ear as we entered through the door.

"OKay..." I replied softly, moving from his embrace.

"Hey guys!" Marisa greeted us, smiling her beautiful smile.

"Hey," I replied, having to force my own smile slightly. Thalia seemed to notice, and shot me a reassuring smile. I bit my lip, and tried to look away from her piercing gaze.

"Hey, what can I get you?" The waitress asked us, Amber, coming over with a note pad.

"Oh, hey Amber, can I get a coffee?" I asked, and she smiled and wrote it on her pad.

"Thalia and I both would like lemon tea, a pot for two with no milk." Marisa decided, then looked over to Cal.

"Oh, I'll have a coffee as well." He muttered, causing Amber to look at him curiously.

I kicked him under the table, and got out my phone discreetly.

Me: Act Normal!

His phone dinged, and he got it out and inspected it.

Cal: I'm trying!

Me: Try harder, Amber noticed. If Amber noticed, we're fucked.

Cal: Sorry, I'll try harder.

I put my phone away, and looked over to Marisa.

"So, how are you?" I asked her.

"Fine, thanks, Willow, and you?"

I blinked, but I couldn't hold it in. I burst into tears and ran out.

Ooh!! Cliffhanger o-o Remember vote, comment and share. Follows would be amazing and I follow back :P

-Parker