Day 12- The Plan

~~Day 12 The Plan~~

So. Now I knew the truth; the motherly figure I had once looked up to was quite easily prepared to murder me in cold blood if I did not do what she had planned for me to do when I was a vampire. And now, when I was 'supposedly' empty of all memories should be prepared to break up a couple of the strongest ties. But this was the plan, and I would follow it to survive.

It had been so long since I had been human; over 100 years at least! So it felt good to take a shower on the flat I had been ‘accommodated’ in by Meredith. I went for a long, refreshing wash and it felt amazing to feel cold! I had been in one temperature for so long, I was almost desperate to feel a strange temperature if truth be told! It sounds ludicrous, but I had not experienced something so good in ages. I washed my hair slowly, revelling in the sensation, making sure to lather it up properly and feel it. I got out, wrapping my body in a fluffy towel and enjoying the softness of it, taking another towel to rub the wetness out of my hair. It lay in curled ringlets around my waist, and I let it dry naturally.

After, I searched the kitchen for something to eat, grabbing something called ‘coke’ out of the fridge, again letting my hand feel the coolness of the can. I opened the ring, pleasantly surprised I had to try- unlike when I was a vampire, I could strain myself and I was actually happy at the prospect! I set it down on the table, and rummaged through the cupboards happily, selecting a ready meal lasagne and placing it into the microwave. After the five minutes, I got it up; careful not to burn myself and once again, I simply revelled in the different texture and taste; the simple hotness of it! I washed it down with the rest of the coke before going up to the bedroom. I put on a sweat top and shorts, taking a brush to comb carefully through my hair that had the potential to look NOT perfect! I was elated. I brushed my teeth, running my tongue over them and tasting the refreshing mint taste. Again, I merely revelled in something so simple! At last, I got into the bed, my eyes heavy- something I had not experienced in over a century.

I woke up blearily, my eyes strangely heavy. Then I remembered, I was once again human! I smiled to myself, and then started as I saw Thalia balancing on the end of my bed lazily. “Finally. You’re up! I had forgotten how much humans like to sleep.” She commented, arching an eyebrow. “Anyway, its school time and you need to change. I forgot to add yesterday, when you told me to go to hell,” At this point, she rolled her silvery grey eyes sarcastically, “You still have the beauty of a vampire- but not the healing ability, speed, strength and whatnot. Well, you wouldn’t because you’re human now; but the beauty you sustain to seduce Mr Alpha.”

I yawned, I had a dreamless sleep and I felt refreshed, if slightly bewildered. “Okay, then. I’ll get changed and we can set off.” I replied.

Thalia gave a nod and swung her legs off the end of the bed, “Be quick then, Marisa, I’ll go make your human breakfast.”

I smiled at her tone, and got up enjoying the warmness of the bedspread. I put my hair in a rough plait, and went to brush my teeth. I smiled to the mirror cheekily, giggling to myself at the pure humanness of it all. Yes, humanness, that’s the only way to describe the thrill. I padded back into the bedroom and chose a simple, yet sweet outfit. A cute, pale pink top and light denim shorts with heeled boots. I let my hair down, taking my time to brush it carefully, enjoying the way it fell in waves as I brushed it. I applied some lip balm, and grabbed the bag that would be my school bag.

As I got downstairs, Thalia was busying herself in the kitchen. “As a half witch, I can also survive on human food,” She told me as she brandished a butter knife, “I just love bagels, so I’ve buttered some blueberry bagels for us to eat as we go to school.” She packed the final bagels in to her bag and smiled, “You ready, Marisa?” She asked smiling.

I beamed back. “Yes!” I exclaimed back, walking with her to the door. I went out first, and she locked it behind us. “Right, I really hope I can seduce the guy.” I told her nervously.

Thalia smiled to me calmly, and got the bagels out of her bag. She passed one to me, “From my sources, I know he always cheats on his soul mate and you, Marisa, are beautiful. Don’t fear, I would do everything in my power to ensure you survive; even if you can’t be yourself to cheat with him.” She assured me kindly, making me smile gratefully back. I took a chunk out of my bagel, enjoying the softness of it against my once and would be again, razor sharp teeth. I let out an involuntary moan, it was that good! Thalia laughed, “Yes, it is rather good isn’t it? Anyway, remember, I can read Mr Alpha’s mind so I will find his weak spots for you.” She chewed the last bit of her bagel. “We’re here, Marisa.”

My heart was beating, and it wasn’t just because I was human.

There you go then! Another chapter done. Remember to VOTE & Comment. Thank you so much! -Parker