Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16
MAX'S P.O.V

I woke up panting, sweaty and gross. I had a nightmare ...AGAIN!

I started to cry, sobbing even.

Yeah, yeah! Im not the crying type but if you were in my shoes you would do the same.

Stefan bursted in looking panicked. He hurried to myside, hugging me. Rocking me back and forth. Its comforting.

"Shhh, its ok. Im here." Stefan comforted me. Stroking my sticky hair.

"Th-th-thank y-you St-ste-Fan." I said in between sobs. He pulled away and wiped my tears away.

We sat in silence. Comforting silence. When i spoke up.

"Stef? What time is it?" I asked still trying to get that horrific dream.

"Its 3 in the morning." Stefan whispered. I nodded. I was afraid to fall back to sleep.

"Wanna tell me what the nightmare was about?" Stefan asked looking hope full.

"I think i need a shower. Stefan go back to sleep. " i said changing the topic. I dont want him to worry. He nodded and walked out of my room.

I dragged myself to my bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Where was the Strong Maxine? Why do you keep fighting? Let it go.

The voice in my head keeps taunting. I keep trying to ignore it. I shook my head keeping calm.

I stepped into the bathtub. Sinking under the water. It was relaxing.

*Flashback*
"Maxine" Elena yelled. I rushed out of the room to her she was near the stair case.

"What is it baby sister?" I asked her. Looking concern. I was wearing A midnight blue sundress, Flowy reaching my knee length.

Elena was wearing a pink dress looking all beautiful. She was always the beauty of the family.

I saw her movibg backwards aware that she might fall and hurt herself. But i was to late she purposely made herself fall.

"Daddy!" Elena cried out. I stood on my spot shocked dont know what to do.

"What happened baby?" Daddy asked Elena carrying her bridally.

"Max pushed me down the stairs. I dont know why?" She said acting. And she was acting it pretty well.

Daddy stormed up to me, grabbing my forearm. He looked angry and he slapped me. I started to cry telling him i didn't do it.

He dragged me to the basement and locked me up. Yelling at me.

And i remember it loud and clear.

"I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU THE DAY WE ADOPTED YOU. YOU DONT DESERVE TO LIVE. DEMON"

*Flashback over*

Some one was shaking me. Shaking me? I jolted up. Seeing Damon looking panicked.

"What the--" i was cut off when Damon hugged me tight. He smelled like alcohol.

"You scared me." He said relieved.

"Your drunk Damon." I stated. Forgetting that i was butt naked.

"I miss you." He whispered. Looking sad? He has Elena. Right?

"Damon you need to go." I said grabbing my black towel and wrapping myself up.