Chapter 21

AN: I don't know why I put this at the beginning, but I really appreciate everyone who's been voting and commenting on my story. This chapter took me so long to write and a lot of drama is soon to come. Hope you guys are enjoying the book! I can't believe I've gotten four thousand reads and it's only been about a month! It means so much. So THANK YOU AGAIN.

Bethany's POV

At 6:15, I was promptly exiting the building. Of course along with the stacks of papers I was carrying, my phone decided to buzz to no end. It freaked me out so badly, I almost lost all of my papers along the way. I seemed to settle them without dropping them and finished making my way to the car. Once I was there, I put my paperwork to finish in the passenger seat of the car and threw my purse in with it.

Finally after getting everything settled, I hopped in my car. My phone buzzed again, and I decided to take a look at it. It was my personal phone, not my business phone so I knew it was something nonwork-related.

I sat in the car, for the next ten minutes, texting Harry back and forth in the middle of the garage parking lot.

Harry: Hi love. Are you doing anything special tonight?

Harry: Hope I'm not interrupting something. xx.

Bethany: You didn't interrupt anything. If you count sitting in my appartment eating Chinese by myself as special, then yes.

Harry: Funny. Even over text you still give me sarcastic answers. The best part, it's like I can hear your voice laced with sarcasm.

Bethany: Wow. What a compliment.

Harry: You're not doing anything tonight though?

Bethany: I told you, I'm eating Chinese food by myself.

Harry: What if I told you I had something better planned...?

Bethany: Depends on what it is.

Harry: I wanted to know if you'd come to a concert tonight. Forgot about it, and I promised I'd see you. I'd reallly love if you came.

Bethany: Who's concert is it...

Harry: It's mine love.

Bethany: I mean, I guess I could come and... watch. Maybe. If you're lucky.

Harry: I'll send a car to pick you up at 7:30. Bye xx.

I checked my phone to see it was 6:30 and practically killed 10 people as I sped off out of the drive way. I'm lucky as hell that my house is only ten minutes away from the damn building but in traffic it's going to take my thirty.

After honking and beeping and cutting off tons of people and cars, I made it home at 6:52. I ran passed the doorman and straight towards the elevator. That took itself a solid 20 minutes to get to the top, but in reality it only took about two.

Then I ran in my house, grabbed a pair of highwaisted shorts, a crop top, a pair of combat boots and tied a flannel shirt around my waist. My hair was a complete mess, but I decided the messy look went along with the outfit choice.

I checked my phone, seeing it was somehow 7:20 and I swear I have never ran around so much in my life. I grabbed a brown, leather cross-body bag and threw everything I'd need in it. That took eight minutes itself so I grabbed a slice of cold pizza from my fridge and ran down the stairs. I'll just dinner along the way.