Chapter 30

Bethany's POV

His face was scary. If I could take back what I said in hopes of avoiding his angry gaze, I would. After seeing Harry angry in my office, I never wanted to see him like this again. I could see everything he was going to say, running through his head. You could see it in his eyes that every word out of his mouth was going to be venom.

He was gripping the ledge of the stair he was sitting on. The knuckles of his fingers were white and the vein that ran up his arms were sticking out. His eyes were dangerously dark, the color of them becoming a deeper and deeper forest color.

"What?" I could feel the anger radiating off of him and onto me. I swallowed hard, hoping to keep my emotions at bay.

"I don't think I want it anymore." I mumble, making his jaw clench.

"So this was just pointless? All this effort was for nothing!?" He exclaims. I could feel my body shrinking backwards, trying to put as much space between us as possible.

"No, it wasn't worthless. I still want to be with you, Harry. There's no doubt about that." I assure him.

"This makes no fucking sense." He groans. I can watch as his hands move to his hair, pushing it back out of his face roughly.

"I just thought about it, and I think it was kinda soon... I was dating Chace for two years, and I think maybe jumping into an actual relationship two weeks later was a bit too much."

He stood up. The heavy boots adorning his feet were clanking across the tile floor in front of me. He was frustrated, but I didn't know why.

"Isn't this what you wanted?" I ask nervously. His eyes snapped over to mine, a strong glare making their way towards me.

"Yes, and then I went through the trouble of telling management that we were dating today."

And, there goes my stomach.

"What do you mean trouble?"

"Management and girlfriends is not easy Bethany. Why the hell do you think I didn't want to get together with you officially?!" His voice starts to raise as I shut my eyes. So he lied to cover up for management.

"So were you ever actually scared to be in a relationship or did you just not want to have to go through the process of dealing with management?" I snap and stand up. I can feel my arms crossing over my chest, a defensive stance making its way over my body.

He was silent. My question was answered easily as he stared a me. There was this look on his face as if he had just gotten caught doing something bad. God knows nothing would happen to him when it came to girls. Harry Styles and relationships doesn't happen. I'd be surprised if it had even happened at all.

I could feel myself frowning. I could feel my body slumping. I was embarrassed about what I had said to him in the car. I was so confident that I was right that I wanted to crawl into a hole. I thought he had been so damaged but what I failed to realize is that he had nothing to be damaged from in this department.

"So you didn't want to be my boyfriend because you didn't want to have to deal with management." I started to walk up the stairs to get away from him. I felt like I was going to be sick. "Wow, glad to know you were really going to put effort into this." I call over my shoulder as I get to the top of the stairs.

"HEY." I hear his harsh voice behind me, making me continue on my path towards the stairs. As I get to the last step, I feel him push me up against the wall in front of me. My back was flat against the solid surface as he looked me in the eyes.

"Get off me." I tell him, but he only shakes his head.

"You think I wasn't willing to put any effort into this?" He motions between the both us, making me swallow hard.