Chapter 44

Bethany's POV

I watched as his face scrunched up in confusion. He rubbed his lips together slowly, pondering what to say. He was obviously shocked, and I wasn't sure if he was really going to enjoy being around a little kid all day.

"Beth-" He starts but quickly stops himself. "I'm trying to word this right..."

"Harry, we can go out after if you don't want to help babysit. I completely understand."

"No that's not it. I love kids! I'm just not amazing with them." He says shyly.

"I don't care if you're amazing or not. It'll be fun! Come on when's the last time you went to a playground?" I ask jokingly.

"Yeah, well now that you bring up the park thing, I'm definitely in." He replies sarcastically.

"Well don't be nervous because he's really well behaved, okay? There isn't much to worry about." I assure him and he nods his head stifly.

"Great!" I exclaim. "Now Jack, this is Harry. Can you say hi?" I talk towards Jack even though he's playing with my hair and not paying much attention.

"Hi Hawwy." He says monotonously, making Harry groan and me laugh. Jack doesn't even look Harry's way- he's too fascinated with my hair.

"Let's just go to the restaurant." Harry groans and turns towards the door.

I laugh lightly and follow him out the door with Jack next to me, holding onto my fingers. He waddles next to me, tightening his grasp on my fingers every time he's about to stumble and fall. I stop quickly in Vanessa's office to grab Jack's diaper bag. When I exit, Harry is waiting at the elevator door, holding it open for the both of us.

"What took you guys so long?" He asks.

"Harry, his legs are a fourth the size of yours and he's just starting to walk! Patience babe." I tell him as we all get in the elevator. His lips find my cheek and I blush profusely.

"I like it when you call me babe." He says quietly and I nod my head. If Jack wasn't in the elevator, God only knows what would really be happening right now.

Once we get off the elevator, we make our way towards the front door, but we all stop when we see the large group of paps outside the building. I groan and turn to look at Harry, mentally asking him what to do.

"Come 'ere little guy." He says as he lifts Jack up and rests him on his hip.

I take it as my cue to walk out the door first, holding it open for Harry. Of course the screaming begins and the camera flashes start. It absolutely terrifies Jack so he curls right into Harry's chest, hiding his face in Harry's neck. Harry pushes the camera men out of the way as best he can, but eventually one of my security people come to the rescue, moving everyone out of the way.

He assists us into the black car I ordered as a chauffeur and Harry sets Jack on his lap as he sits down, while I take a seat next to him. It takes everything in me not to tackle them because of how cute they look. Jack was still terrified of the crazy crowd and wouldn't let go of Harry. Harry kept Jack close, rubbing his back as he tried to calm him down.

It was then that I started to realize things. I started to feel things I hadn't felt before. There was this happiness that was taking over my body and I'm positive nothing could ruin it. I felt warm inside and I felt a smile plaster to my face.

It was moments like this- moments where the little things mattered most- that made me realize why I began dating Harry in the first place. Seeing him hold a child and care for someone that he barely knew that much made my feel giddy. It wasn't even the fact that he looked so cute taking care of Jack, it was the fact that he'd do something as sweet as that and take no sort of reward for it. To him, making people feel safe and happy was his reward. That's what I've been looking for, and I just realized I found it.