Chapter 29

Bethany's POV

Today was my make up lunch with Leighton. She had texted me after I got back from the beach with Harry feeling awful about forgetting our lunch plans. I felt just as bad though. I was extremely upset that I had forgotten our plans, seeing as she was my only girl friend. Everyone else in my life seemed to be a male, and I think the testosterone was getting to be a bit much for me. 

After we had finished texting, Harry had kept me occupied on my phone all night. He had some One Direction meetup he had to attend, and it was a bit of a relief. We had been spending a lot of time together, and I needed to keep up with my work. Reguardless if I had less responsiblilty then usual, I had papers to sign that needed to be mailed out at a certain time, and I couldn't let Harry get in the way of that. 

He did distract me occasionally when I would stop checking over papers and signing them. I would end up laughing at his stupid little texts, most of which were complaints of how bored he was. Sometimes he'd reply frequently, other times he would reply every few minutes. His reason being he didn't want to get his phone taken away because management said he shouldn't be on it. He would send me jokes which were horrible, but they made me laugh reguardless. Sometimes I'd get the pouty face selfie, along with pictures of the other boys if they were talking with a fan who was a 'bit over the top'.

I ended up talking to him over text for hours, only falling asleep at 2 am, and waking up this morning at 9:30. I decided it would be a late day for me to go into the office, though I already felt bad that I was leaving before my lunch with Leighton. But I thought this would be good, just so I can observe how everyone is working and getting the workload done. 

So far everything had been running smoothly. The only things I had been busy with were signing papers and answering a few questions related to the press and whether or not I wanted certain things made public about the company yet or not. 

Vanessa had been in my office once, only to deliver a single package on my desk. It was from Harry, and that was enough to make my stomach flutter. Right as I was about to open it, a bright pink tag came into view on the box, making me stop my actions. 

"Don't open until tonight. xx." 

I scowled as I looked at it. Why would he send this to me now, when I know I'm going to see him tonight for some event he asked me to be his date tonight? The thought was making me insane, and all I wanted to do was open the damn box. My fingers were twitching, wanting to be able to do something with them, I pulled out my phone and sent him a text. 

Bethany: You're mean.

His reply was almost instant, a smile making it's way onto my face as I saw his cute reply. 

Harry: Assuming you have received my present. Be a good girl and don't open it. xx.

I thought it was better not to reply for the sake that I knew if I continued to talk to him, I wouldn't be able to stop. I had only less than an hour to do some finishing touches on my work load, before I took the weekend off. So I needed to finish work. 

**********************

"Your outfit is perfect." Those are the first words out of Leighton's mouth as she stands up to greet me from the table at the back of the restaurant. 

The resaurant she had decided on was a cute little Italian cafe. The interior was dark, completely different from the light and flowery type garden on the exterior. The walls were dark wood, with a wooden floor. The windows were really the only source of light, seeing as the lights in the restaurant were dimmed down. I had a feeling she had chosen this place as it seemed to be a good place to eat in privacy. There were a few people here, most of them were older, not paying us an ounce of attention as we greeted each other loudly.