That's What Friends Are For! (Tsundere!Mustache Girl x Deredere!Hat Kid)

Requested by: @AEIOUaresimpsuwu

I gotta be honest, I liked this idea! Hatstache is one of my few favourite crack ships of A Hat in Time (besides Discotrain and Snatchmoon-) but don't hate me for my opinion, please!

Enjoy either way!

———

Eventually, it all came to an end.

Mustache Girl skidded across the throne room's floor, clothing disheveled and a part of her cape torn. She was knocked down. The time pieces that were once scattered into a hill began collecting itself, turning into a glowing packed ball right after.

Everybody else had created a suicide pact to "help" Hat Kid, leaving only her and Mustache Girl in the throne room. In fact, on the entire planet itself. But she knew she was going to be fine! When she rewinds time, everyone will come back and everyone will have a happy ending!

Everyone but Mustache Girl.

Hat Kid looked at her limp body. Luckily, she wasn't dead yet. She was twitching a little, breathing so softly. But then she noticed the shadow casting over her, lifting her head to Hat Kid and... began crying.

She felt so guilty for herself. She failed them. She failed to avenge the people of her hometown from the bad guys. Now everybody hates her. Everyone wanted her to get lost. Nobody wanted nor loved her.

NOBODY-

---=ʜᴀᴛ ᴋɪᴅ=---

"Hello?"

The innocent voice echoed throughout the empty throne room, causing Mustache Girl to look up at Hat Kid, holding suspicion in her face as she leaned in a little closer to Mustache Girl, causing her to whimper from humiliation and from pain, covering her face from Hat Kid's stare.

✥𝑀𝓊𝓈𝓉𝒶𝒸𝒽𝑒 𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁✥

"G-go away... Just go..."

She continued to cry, sobbing and curling up into a ball on the floor. She's never experienced guilt. At least not an excessive amount. Now, looking at it in this angle, it hurts. So, so much.

Hat Kid bent down, looking at her face to face and reaching her hand out, tapping her nose with a playful "boop" coming out of her until she reached her arms out to her to carry her up from the floor into a hug.

✥𝑀𝓊𝓈𝓉𝒶𝒸𝒽𝑒 𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁✥

"A-ah...?"

It was like her whole body froze. Her hands couldn't bare move from the hug. She felt so guilty for what she did! Everybody must've hated her! So why is she hugging her?!

Why did it felt so... wrong?

She didn't want to hug back. She felt like she didn't deserve it. Her arms didn't gave into the hug but instead went in front of her to push Hat Kid away. Even by just the look on her face, she looked so messed up.