You, My Diva (DJ Grooves x Female!Human!Reader)

(ART OF DJ GROOVES BY "fmradio777". EDITING IN "PicsArt" AND EDITING DONE BY ME! YOU CAN USE IT FOR FREE UNDER MY PERMISSION!)

Been in a DJ Grooves mood lately so I've decided to make this little fanfic! The drawings from fmradio777 are EXTREMELY CUTE I tell you! I recommend you check them out sometimes!

One more disclaimer: This was a sort of blind writing sorta thing. I just wrote whatever was on my mind and slammed it into the one-shot. Just telling to if you're wondering why it sucked so much...

———

It's been three years since you've worked for DJ Grooves as his assistant director and, to be honest, you loved your job, more so than the previous one. Your previous boss would always treat you like a slave but DJ Grooves treats not only you but everyone as a precious jewel. Even the ones who weren't as good at working with him. He's possibly the most forgivable man, or in this case, penguin, that you've ever seen.

But that wasn't his only trait. There are also other traits about him that you loved...

Kindness...

Gentleness...

Care...

These traits had helped you warm up to the DJ. No matter how obnoxious his dancing may be or how eye-blinding his sets might be, you enjoyed his company. You enjoyed working for him and you wouldn't mind working for him for the rest of your life.

However, these days, you were so close with the penguin that the others thought you were dating in which you both declined. The thought made you blush every time. Dating your boss?! Such a thing sounded so cliche, even you doubted it!

But with time, you started to learn - you were actually starting to have a crush on the penguin. You never thought the day would come, you tried to avoid everything that built up to this moment but alas, it can't be denied. You loved him. You hated this feeling. You wanted it to go away but nothing was working. No matter how hard you tried to get your mind off of your boss, you just couldn't.

Then, the thought of confessing crossed your mind.

You bet all your pons that he wouldn't accept your love. You two had such a good friendship, you weren't going to let it crash down! So day by day, you kept it all in. But with each passing day, the feeling got worse. It was like the world was pushing you to do it. To confess.

You two could be the perfect couple...

But you felt like you weren't ready...

You felt scared he was going to reject you and by other's perspectives, no way did you want to feel the way they do.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GOOᐯᕮS
"You alright, darling?"

Crap. You forgot who was sitting right next to you. You turned to the DJ, looking at you in the eye. You placed the papers down on the office table, sighing.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GOOᐯᕮS

"It's just that... you've been spacing out a lot. Did anything happen?"

(Y/)
"N-no..."

You gazed around the room for a while, hoping to switch the topic. But the DJ quickly interfered.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GOOᐯᕮS
"C'mon, darling. There has to be something wrong. Don't just bottle up your feelings like this..."

Those words gave you hope. You could finally destroy this feeling. Your heart was heavy. Nobody was there in the room.

This was your only chance...

(Y/)
"Is it wrong to say... that I love you?"

You could see the DJ raise his large eyebrows at you, his face blank. There was a faint blush plastered on his face. This made worry and regret to build inside of you.

(Y/)
"I-It's not like I want us to date! Unless you're comfortable... but I'm such a fool to believe that."

You bit your lip, facing down. You didn't want to continue looking at him.

You heard the DJ sigh.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GOOᐯᕮS

"So was I..."

He whispered, loud enough for you to hear.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GOOᐯᕮS

"You know... a long time ago, my assistant director had died of a car accident. I thought my movie life would be over by that time..."

He said in sorrow, resting his chin on his right flipper, fiddling with the wire of his portable mic.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GOOᐯᕮS

"But..."

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GOOᐯᕮS

"A week later, I saw a woman walk into Dead Bird Studio asking for a job. She was desperate and we were open for a spot so I accepted her help."

When he finished the sentence, a sweet smile grew on his face. He turned to you, paying complete attention towards you.

⋆☆ᗪᒍ GOOᐯᕮS

"I never thought she would be the person who would touch my heart..."

He put his left flipper to his chest.

All you could do is blush and smile. You know who he was talking about. It was like time stopped. The DJ had skidded his office chair closer to you, getting closer and closer until his beak was inches away from your face until delicately placing them on your own lips. Your heart fluttered in your chest. You tried to push yourself into the DJ, wanting more of the kiss even though you knew he was a bird. It felt so wrong but... why did it felt so right?

You two heard the office door open to the faces of surprised Moon Penguins.

Peck-