Savior (Breaking Point Continuation)

Lookie here! It's the continuation nobody asked for! Make sure you read "Breaking Point" before reading this chapter!

One last note: If you DID read "Breaking Point", you might know the three members of the Wowl band, Jokling, Jackson and Robin. But in this chapter, I will shortly mention the fourth member - Dillan, the loyal member of the Wowl band and a father figure!

Enjoy this chapter either way!

———

What if he regrets this entire thing afterwards?

Jokling thoughts were ringing. He hurried off to the crows that were talking to Conductor and gave a shout to aware them of his presence.

【Jokling】

"E-excuse me!"

In reply, the crows just ignored him. They thought he was yelling to someone else.

Seeing this, Jokling frowned and sighed, then prayed in his mind for the thing he is about to do. He inhaled a deep breath and shouted at the top of his lungs.

【Jokling】

"EXCUSE ME! I'M PECKING HERE!"

Luckily, all the CAW Agents heard, turning his way. Even the Conductor turned back to look. Out of all of them, one agent went up to the owl.

─═ CAW Agents ═─

"Ah, fellow Express Owl! What had caused you to yell so loud?"

【Jokling】

"Err... I'm the owl that the Conductor was after! I guess you crows call me the 'Victim'?"

He said, drastically changing from sounding like Conductor to his normal voice.

─═ CAW Agents ═─

"Ah, yes! He was about to kill you, right? Don't fear, fellow Express Owl. We will promise that you will be safe from that... bird."

He replied, disgust in his voice at the last word.

【Jokling】

"I'm sorry to make you think that! My boss wasn't going to kill me! This was just a big perception! M-my boss was just filming a movie!"

─═ CAW Agents ═─

"...oh, really?"

Stupidly enough, they believed him, looking at him in belief. But part of them was still unsure...

【Jokling】

"Yes! The movie is going to be a sequel to 'Murder on The Owl Express'!"

【Jokling】

"Oh boy, just please buy it!"

Jokling begged in his mind.

The CAW Agent turns to Conductor.

─═ CAW Agents ═─

"Is this true, sir? That it was just an act?"

Conductor

"Y-YES IT IS! NOW JUST RELEASE ME YE PECK NECK!"

Great... it was a miracle that they actually bought it.

They let go of the Conductor, who yelled at them and began stomping to the front of his train. But before leaving, he forcefully tugged Jokling close enough to whisper in his ear.

Conductor

"Aye won't forgive yer for this, Jokling..."

He growled, then slammed the door behind him.

Jokling chuckled and knocked on the door that Conductor went into before opening it and whispering to him.

【Jokling】

"You know... I can call them again... tell them the truth and...

...we all know where the guilty bird goes to~"

He said with a lopsided grin, smug for the first time in front of Conductor.

He... He was blackmailing Conductor. Never did he thought he'd get the confidence to do such a thing. He left the door to head back to his crew, a smile of victory on his face.

Meanwhile, Conductor stayed silent, not wanting to deal with Jokling's sass anymore. He just went up to the front of his train again and went on with the day like nothing happened...

Jokling walked up to his crew, giving them a warm smile. The Wowl Band seemed like a family to him.

【Jokling】

"Hey everyone!"

» 𝓡𝓸𝓫𝓲𝓷 «

"Hey, Jokling! You still alright after... that?"

He was a little confused why Jokling had sounded so happy but he still played along.

【Jokling】

"I'm great! And no... they didn't take him."

He walked up to his piano, checking if the thing was in good condition.

+Iᒪᒪᗩᑎ+

"Alright! Guess we... got to practice our piece?"

Jokling nodded and checked what piece they were playing, still keeping the grin on his beak.

【Jokling】

"Are you all ready?"

All of them gave a thumbs up. Once Jokling prepared the metronome, they began practicing...