epilogue

"'tomorrow by together' line-up's runner for president, choi beomgyu!" mr. kim introduced on the mic, the students in the audience cheered and clapped as beomgyu made his entrance to the stage, waving his hand to everybody. when he got in the center, mr. kim gave him the mic, and the students started to calm down as he started speaking.

"hi everyone, as you all know me, vice president. i, choi beomgyu, will be running for president!" he said with a smile, he let the audience cheer for him first before continuing, "now, onto our team's plans for the next school year, i would like to ask if some here has heard about insomnia hotline? please raise your hands," by his statement, a few students have raised their hands.

"right, i put a few anonymous creepy spam posters on the walls about a month and half ago, but it got torn off by the cleaning students in duty," he confessed, pouting. some students started processing this in their heads and got surprised and a bit spooked. "well, there's explanation about that, of course!" beomgyu cut in midst of all the chitchatting that was starting to go off.

while the students calm down, taehyun and kai prepared the projector, then they presented their first slide. which was:

"wowㅡ that logo looks bland," beomgyu joked first, "but it looks pretty good, right?" he asked the audience

"wowㅡ that logo looks bland," beomgyu joked first, "but it looks pretty good, right?" he asked the audience. the confidence he's got is really something, but that's just because he's already sure that he's the next president. he chuckled with some students in the audience and continued to go to the next slide. which was just a paragraph of words he'll read out loud for everyone anyway.

"high school is one of the highlights in our life. i mean, mom only nags about how her high school went," beomgyu joked in, "but highlights don't always mean happy things only, there are also hardships we need to face. picking a career that you actually enjoy, the pressure of doing your best in studying so you could get scholarships for college and taking extra english classes. but of course, high school also has these:," beomgyu smiled, and the slide changed, "hanging out with friends, developing your relationship with someone you like, going to karaoke to break your vocal chords, and..  yeah, cute guys and girlsㅡ just, enjoying youth, basically."

beomgyu paused, and the whole stadium went quiet, "but not all students get to enjoy these kinds of memories, let alone even experience them." the slide changed again, and some were already in awe with how his speech was going, "maybe you wouldn't know, because you don't care, or you're just not aware and because they've been keeping quiet in the background of this giant pond, but there are those who are going through stuff by themselves too."

some of the audience got hit home as beomgyu said this, and those were the ones that he was talking about. the others started wondering, worrying if there was someone in their group of friends suffering but never talked or opened about it. but they knew that they would know soon enough, when insomnia hotline goes in action.

"so, i introduce insomnia hotline!" beomgyu announced in a positive tone, putting one hand in the air as the slide changes back to the so-proclaimed bland logo, and under was text again, and he read accordinglyㅡ "problems, when kept, start to grow bigger. but there is not much space inside you so it usually takes up first your attention in class. and if it grows bigger, it will take over your nights, and keep you from sleeping." he read, "and what do you call the illness when somebody can not sleep properly?" he asked the audience, and they answered in unison.

"insomnia!"

"hence the name, insomnia hotline! now. further explanation, i've been babbling too much now, right?" beomgyu chuckled, and as the slide changed, he continued reading it to the students again, "tired of keeping it to yourself? how about risking your whole story to a stranger at night?" he read, in commercial voice, which made the crowd laugh, "okay, kiddings aside. insomnia hotline is a hotline where you can talk to our trusting, TRUSTING I SAY, anonymous members at night, until you go to sleep, and they will help you with comforting yourself. because alone is alright i guess, but together is a lot better!" he read.

"now. TRUSTED members, okay? no trolls but reaaal actual helping." beomgyu continued, then the projector had been closed, "we actually have succeeded in our first case, and we are hoping to succeed in more cases in the future. maybe i'll story-tell you guys the first case when i become president, but if no, then nahㅡ" he chuckled.

"but yeah. insomnia hotline is very originalㅡ i think. but yes, this is what i have in store for our school. not a cleaning program of course, but i'm not shading anybody! not our great future ex-president jungkook.." he joked. the audience laughed and started clapping.

beomgyu bowed, and mr. kim walked to the center to take the mic, "well, that was 'tomorrow by together' line-up's planned program for the school. hotline, huh, that was kind of smart." he chuckled.

mr. kim wrapped up the student council line-up's running officers and past members as everybody started opening their phonesㅡ starting to check out the preview for the poll. thinking about who they should vote for. but most knew that beomgyu deserved the spot, since he's the most experienced one, and his line-up consisted of trusted people from the council as well.

the winner is yet to be announced days later today. but everyone knows that everyone's going to vote for beomgyu and his uncanny, weird program.

well, this is where the book ends.

insomnia hotline.

would you make a call?

if you need help, reach out to family, friends, mental health professionals, or a local helpline