18

chapter eighteen.
choices and regrets.

3rd pov / the days after yeonjun left yunhee in middle school

"ehh??" one of the girls asked in a whisper, but they didn't mean to keep it lowkey, the group she's around with actually intends to let yunhee hear what they're gossiping about, since silent backstabbing still isn't a thing. and actually, humiliation was!

"see? i told you yeonjun dumped her!" a different girl from the circle had mentioned. yunhee's been trying her best to avoid glancing at their direction because if they caught her looking then that would make them extremely happyㅡ knowing that they have succeeded to make her feel like shit.

it's yunhee's usual day in the classroom where she is surrounded by people yet still having the unbearable feeling of being isolated. there are other students in the classroom that are quiet, busy with doing their thing all by themselves, looking quite satisfied with having no friends. and there are also those who hang out with their close buddies. but yunhee just couldn't be like any of them;

she just felt alone, lonely and secluded. it just doesn't feel right. she just can't get the feeling of being comfortable anymore, unlike when she was with choi yeonjun.

oh, the days. she was too naive to have even thought that yeonjun would just suddenly leave someday, because that's so out of this world orㅡ well, out of her world.

yunhee looked outside the window and at least that was something that kept her less unhappy. but seeing the good, sunny weather? wasn't really the type of thing she wanted to be seeing right now. but then again, if it was raining, it'd just remind her of yeonjun. so there was really no option for her.

"that's what she gets. she thinks she's so pretty. i bet she thought that yeonjun would like her." said the voices of the other girl again. yunhee had kept her gaze at the distance and just sighed to herself, knowing that it would be no use to defend herself even though they're saying some really wrong things.

the thoughts are back in her head, and she started wondering again if she'd feel a little better today if she confessed to yeonjun that day.

it was just a go or no choice but she went with the one she knew she would regret, and yeahㅡ she is regretting it now.

if she confessed, things might have been really different.

¤

3rd pov / the day yeonjun had to leave.

yeonjun started running away from yunhee, confused of what he felt. he felt really out of his head as he kept running back home and away from the favorite playground.

just like yunhee, he also thought that the other would confess and that would be their queue to confess as well. he also felt like he should say it at one point, but he couldn't because he knew it would just be cliffhanger and something he'll be longing for when he leaves. so he took the choice of keeping his feelings to himself, which he had regretted later on.

from the very start, yeonjun left because they started to go financially unstable because his dad got fired from his job because of an accident. and his mom was staying with his hospital-admitted grandmother so they were kind of by themselves at that time. so they had no choice but to go back and live with the rest of their family and transfer schools.

when yeonjun and his dad was done packing, they immediately took the bus and left. days felt like weeks as yeonjun transferred to his new school. no friends and no anything, just himself.

what was interesting though, was that everytime yeonjun went to the hospital to visit his granddad, he didn't know that the teen he saw from time to time would be the one to date yunhee when the guy leaves that place.

choi soobin also brought his dad to the same hospital where yeonjun's grandfather was admitted. the two met from time to time, yeah, but they never talked or remembered each other, because as the other stayed away from yunhee, the other left to meet her.

and none of them are aware of that coincidence.

¤

3rd pov / the day soobin is introduced to park eunbin.

"why do you guys even dislike yunhee?" soobin asked. yieung didn't answer and just kept using her phone while gaeun rolled her eyes at soobin when he looked at her, "duh! she doesn't fit in with us." she answered in her usual yelling tone, adding an exasperated sigh after.

what was so wrong with yunhee to make them feel this way? soobin thought while on the way to meet with the girl that they said he'd probably like.

he knew it was a bad idea to meet this so-called park eunbin girl, but soobin felt like he didn't really have a choice but to go with it because he has been threatenedㅡ

"you're a fucking loser if you court yunhee."

ㅡthreatened by the thought of being back to that title.

but he still courted yunhee after seokmin said that because he couldn't help it, so that was something he decided by himself. and now he kind of regretted it because in the end, he still needed to sacrifice himself to the people around him which it to play around with eunbin. just to achieve something he always wanted;

and that is the position to be the one who bullies people.

maybe it was better to be in middle ground, just being someone so typical, no big worries and no big ideals. but for soobin, for someone who's been somewhere, he thinks it's better to suffer because of himself than to suffer because of others.

but that mindset didn't bring him anywhere, because the only thing he's achieved is to learn how to slowly kill himself.

if you need help, reach out to family, friends, mental health professionals, or a local helpline.

+ a/n: changed the intro for insomnia hotline!! ^-^ also added a characters chapter uwu hope the new intro doesn't confuse anyone. i added another chapter to make up for the change! it's chapter 0 hehe.