25

chapter twenty five.
starting over.

the next day after yeonjun and yunhee's trip to the playground and down memory lane, it became a little awkward between the two

the next day after yeonjun and yunhee's trip to the playground and down memory lane, it became a little awkward between the two. so during class before lunch, rian and yunhee exchanged letters and it went a little like this:

y: can i come with u in lunch
r: no u r not allowed
y: please
r: *ignores*
y: yeonjun confessed that he was the one who answered my calls in insomnia hotline
y: pls
r: alright

yunhee's pov

thankfully, rian let me go with her, but because i did, she told her friends not to come along and insteadㅡ it's just the two of us eating food in this abandoned garage looking place with broken armchairs and all that. while rian was sitting in front of me, i just stared at her while infinitely chewing on my food.

i thought they smoked here? i can't believe she's just eating peacefully like a kid..

"well?" she asked, facing me. i flinched and raised my brows, i guess i've been watching and admiring how precious she really was for the whole time, "what?" i mumbled.

rian scoffed, "you kept looking at me, i thought you were going to say something," she blabbered in baby language, her mouth full, "like tea about you and yeonjun, or if soobin's contacting you now that you're friends again."

that's really straightforward.

i was pushing a smile as she was saying that, and now my face is literally twitching. rian's still the same person, she's still very forward and straight to the point.

"w-well.." i started off, wondering if it's really necessary to tell her this. but i planned to continue anyway, because she's curious, and that means that she wants to know more about me, right? that means we can be friends..?

"soobin? nah," i answered, "and yeonjun.. i don't know. i just.. felt awkward to sit with him today. we didn't even chitchat in class before lunch!" i continued, making rian chuckle.

"do you like him?" she asked, smiling while fixing her next spoonful. i felt my face burn up but i tried my best to deny it, "no way! we're just friends!" i told her with matching 'NAH' hand gestures.

rian put the whole spoon heaping with rice in her mouth, "alright, keep your secrets," she mumbled before chewing on her food. i didn't reply, because yEAH i will keep my secrets.

do i really like yeonjun? am i just denying it because i'm a hypocrite? just because i don't want to be called a whore for liking somebody after my boyfriend and i broke up?

what is this that i'm feeling, really?

"what about us, are we friends?" rian suddenly asked when i thought we were done talking, and i didn't realize that she already finished her food with all the train of thoughts in my head.